Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Door panel fabric, replacement or other....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door panel fabric, replacement or other....

My door panel fabric started to fall off due to heat. I attempted to reglue the fabric with 3m headliner glue, since the stuff is pretty strong. It held for awhile and then fell again. I was wondering what some of you have done. Whether it be to replace it or anything else thanks.

I had the exact same problem. Spray adhesive will do no good as you found out, I had a shop use staples and glue and so far it has held pretty well.

Comment

I'm thinking of maybe re doing them with a different pattern possibly or pulling it off and removing the glue residue.

Comment

spray both surfaces with the adhesive and let it sit and get tacky. Then you push them together. That is how that glue works; you can't just spray it on and stick it.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Yes im aware ive done headliners in cars and many other things. But just like headliners you have to replace the material.

Comment

I have successfully reattached the original fabric with 3M heavy duty spray adhesive. The other option is to find a good set of the SE leather inserts on the stamped steel form. I had a stained set and was able to paint the vinyl a contrasting color to hide the stains. You can see the results in my MRT.
            Last edited by Fleetw00d; 08-22-2014, 03:24 AM.
            90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
            08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Yes I used that exact spray. The leather looks good. I guess I mainly was seeing what alternatives were out there. Mainly do something different but tasteful. If not I may experiment myself and post the results.

Comment

Quick question.. How do I add a different fabric/vinyl ? Do I have to remove the door handle that has the window button or what?

Comment

Yes. It's kind of a pain to do, too. There are a few screws that hold it in as well as two or three large clips (depending on whether you have a coupe or sedan). The clips are what are slightly difficult.
                  My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

On my next day off, I'll look into doing it. Thanks man

Comment

The fabric along the bottom of my passenger door started peeling off. I used a hot glue gun and slowly reapplied it with a generous amount of glue. It's not a high traffic area like yours might be, but it's in great shape still. Door gets opened often since it's where my daughters car seat it, and is holding up. Might be worth a try too.

Comment

Originally posted by Scolirk View Post
                        The fabric along the bottom of my passenger door started peeling off. I used a hot glue gun and slowly reapplied it with a generous amount of glue. It's not a high traffic area like yours might be, but it's in great shape still. Door gets opened often since it's where my daughters car seat it, and is holding up. Might be worth a try too.
                        I'll try this out because I have to take off my door panel for my window regulator anyways.. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Mine are all falling off. I'm going to try new vinyl and see how it holds. I need to re skin the door panels anyways so it may be a full recover of the doors. We will see.
                          91 accord daily

Comment

Originally posted by I'm A Yunginn' View Post
                            I'll try this out because I have to take off my door panel for my window regulator anyways.. Thanks for the info.
                            Let me know if it works out. I know it's different material, but mine has held up great. I did the same with my driver side speaker cover, which I usually catch on my shoes when getting out of the car. Just a bit of glue around the fabric and it's held up well.

Comment

Working...
                            X