No announcement yet.

H2A5 burnouts at the track, worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd do 8k in front and 12k in rear if you're using this for drag racing and not a dd.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Comment

he's got plenty of traction, he needs to work on his shifts. more power wouldnt hurt, lol.

Comment

The reasoning behind choosing those rates was that I drive the car about four hours total on a round trip to the track. It's not a dd by any means, but that's a long drive, hehe. The standard rates from Fortune Auto were 12k front and 6k rear, so I had the rate in the rear raised some after a consultation with their west coast distributor. I definitely don't want the back to sag, so I hope things will be better after they are installed. It's too late to change the rates now, as they are in my local Fedex depot awaiting delivery.
          *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
          ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
          ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
          "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
          Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
          The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
          Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

That is what we call compromise, lol. I have built my car with a lot of it.

Comment

For me, the idealist, it sucks to compromise. I want an all out drag build in an F22 sedan platform. I just won't be able to get there until I can afford a trailer, a truck to tow the car to the track, and a house big enough for this stuff, hahaha.

MRT
              Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

I feel you there. I'm hopefully going to get back on something for mine next spring so I should be getting rid of some goodies. A lil more power should get you in the high 14's.

Comment

Originally posted by jdm92_accorn View Post
                  I feel you there. I'm hopefully going to get back on something for mine next spring so I should be getting rid of some goodies. A lil more power should get you in the high 14's.
                  Goodies from you sounds good to me!!! I'll be PM'ing you .

MRT
                  Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                    Well, after I clean off all the pebbles and crud that's stuck in the rubber of these tires, I might as well soften them too! I want to launch at a higher rpm without spinning, but these tires do spin when launched near 5k now. I'll look for this stuff online.

MRT
                    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
                      For me, the idealist, it sucks to compromise. I want an all out drag build in an F22 sedan platform. I just won't be able to get there until I can afford a trailer, a truck to tow the car to the track, and a house big enough for this stuff, hahaha.
                      You could always buy mine

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                      11.68 @ 127mph
                      417whp/375wtq
                      Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by Boost_Lee View Post
                        You could always buy mine
                        You are literally making me die. You know how bad I want that thing! Look at those numbers UUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHH!!!!! I want to drivvvvvve it so bad!
                        I just hope you hang onto it long enough for me to get married and settled into a place next July. Then, THEN, she may say yes, only if I buy her the 2004-2008 Chevy 2500 HD crew cab she wants.
                        Last edited by af_1132; 08-06-2014, 03:07 AM.

MRT
                        Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

I need some slicks like that for my next build... a different CB of course, not my rust box I have now.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                            I need some slicks like that for my next build... a different CB of course, not my rust box I have now.
                            Wrap some M/T slicks on 13" rims, like those from Belak Industries. Don't do what I did and go 15" Centerline warrior rims. You will automatically need spacers due to the dish design and I am now limited in terms of lowering without having to roll fenders. 13" rims will also have less rotating mass, making for another advantage.

MRT
                            Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

for those with wagon brakes 13's are not an option. 14" steel wheels are still a hit or miss depending on offset and what not. you really should look into an h-series trans for that thing. it really does help battle the lack of power by keeping you in your power band a little better and giving a little better torque multiplication.

Comment

Well, after I clean off all the pebbles and crud that's stuck in the rubber of these tires, I might as well soften them too! I want to launch at a higher rpm without spinning, but these tires do spin when launched near 5k now. I'll look for this stuff online.
                                Theres a whole myriad of brands thatll accomplish the same thing..(I think summit and jegs might have a house brand http://www.jegs.com/i/VHT/870/SP162/...n6AaAtEB8P8HAQ or that stuff) just couldnt think of a specific brand name to find a photo of, what I was getting at was, arent the burn outs to heat up the tire and soften the tread..so my reasoning is if the tires are softer and grippier you wouldnt need the hard burnouts, maybe a quick blip in the water to clean them off for staging thus avoiding the wear and tear on mounts and gear box

Wrap some M/T slicks on 13" rims, like those from Belak Industries. Don't do what I did and go 15" Centerline warrior rims. You will automatically need spacers due to the dish design and I am now limited in terms of lowering without having to roll fenders. 13" rims will also have less rotating mass, making for another advantage.
                                Theyll also simulate a smaller final drive like rear end gears in RWD...when I had some 50 series 15"s the car seemed a lot zippier albeit with a loss in top speed.
                                Last edited by illinois_erik; 08-22-2014, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X