Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Dirt track. Swapped h22a in my 92 accord,under powered.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did use the tranny from the F. Is it possible I may have a plug mixed up? I have a few unused plugs because the harness was from an auto.

Comment

The tack is working. It's hard to get much test driving in being it's not street legal.

Comment

no i don't think thats a plug that would get mixed up. was it working before the swap? if so u may wanna jus check that it is connected but if it wasn't working before the swap then maybe look into a new one. u need that signal if that motor is gonna run to its potential

Comment

What colors are the wires for the speed sensor on the harness?

Comment

I swapped the speed sensor and the speedometer still don't move is there anything else that corresponds w it?

Comment

Thank u guys who replied to my questions!! So hears where I'm at I changed the sped sensor and the speedometer still don't move I was able to drive the car yesterday and it hit rev limiter at 6.5, so no vtec yet. But also I'm getting code 9? Would that tell the vtec not to open??? And would I get that code witch is # 1 piston Senser, if your timing is off? The speed sensor has three wires I ran continuing test w test light and one goes to right to Ecu and one to dash cluster. So does it matter if the speedometer is acutely moving?i know this is a lot hoping for some advice from the honda gods. I have a race this Saturday and would like to have it dialed by then. Thanks a lot!!

Comment

I don't know why I didn't realize it before but your UN, "Hornet". That's the class you race in.

They used to be real popular here. Old Cavaliers and such. I miss when it was real big. I caught in on the tail end of it's popularity here and got to see a couple races.

If I knew someone knowledgeable I might give it a try.
                Last edited by H311RA151N; 08-12-2014, 11:43 PM.

Comment

It's a blast racing on dirt tracks w a bunch a cars!! For some reason I just can't get a straight answer on this code 9?

Comment

Originally posted by 91Hondahornet View Post
                    Thank u guys who replied to my questions!! So hears where I'm at I changed the sped sensor and the speedometer still don't move I was able to drive the car yesterday and it hit rev limiter at 6.5, so no vtec yet. But also I'm getting code 9? Would that tell the vtec not to open??? And would I get that code witch is # 1 piston Senser, if your timing is off? The speed sensor has three wires I ran continuing test w test light and one goes to right to Ecu and one to dash cluster. So does it matter if the speedometer is acutely moving?i know this is a lot hoping for some advice from the honda gods. I have a race this Saturday and would like to have it dialed by then. Thanks a lot!!
                    I believe if you have a CEL of any kind, then your engine runs in limp mode which would cause VTEC not to engage. Cyl position sensor sounds like a distributor issue. No, off timing wouldn't cause that unless it was really off. No, the speedometer doesn't have to move, but the ECU needs that signal to do it's calculations.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by 91Hondahornet View Post
                      It's a blast racing on dirt tracks w a bunch a cars!! For some reason I just can't get a straight answer on this code 9?
                      https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...0vTc_oKtHcUfzA
                      http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...Common%2BTopic
                      Here's a couple links that might help you with your code 9 issue.
                      CB7TUNER.com
                      Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

CEL 9 CYP - cylinder sensor -- in which I do believe is found in the distributor. If you've got access to another distributor, I would swap it out just to check.
                        Last edited by dysfunk; 08-13-2014, 11:19 AM.
                        92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
                        2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
                        2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Thank u for the response! wy wife said the diz I orderd yesterday showed up so I will be putting that on after work.

Comment

Hopefully that will fix your issue.
                            92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
                            2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
                            2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Ok now I'm really stumped! So the JDM motor is the motor that came w this diz and the parts stores and honda can't get one. Now what the hell do I do? It's got the internal coil. My diz off the f motors don't fit witch have the internal coil.

Comment

Internal/External Coil Issues:
                                If your car came equipped with an internal coil then the JDM H22 distributor will plug right in no problem. However, if your car had external coil then you will have to modify one plug. The plug you will need to modify is the plug that went to the stock coil. There are is a yellow and a yellow/black wire, splice those 2 wires together. The Black/White wire is useless, don’t worry about it. If you dont want to cut the plug off and splice, jam a 30amp fuse into the end of the plug, making the connection between the two wires.

If your car is external coil and you wish to maintain the external coil you will need to open the JDM dizzy, remove the internal coil. Run the wire from the igniter that used to go to the internal coil out of the distributor and plug it into the blank spot on the distributor’s plug. That’s it. Use the 93-95 Prelude Vtec’s Distributor cap and rotor that you can pick-up and your local dealer or auto parts.
                                Maybe this helps

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
                                X