Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

no start/ back fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no start/ back fire

this is for my friends car. we've been serching for days online and in the books and couldnt find much

"Backed out of the driveway(car started fine, was idling and revving fine.) Put it in first gear and drove about 30 feet to the first stop sign. Made a left, and got about 50-60 feet till I heard, BANG and then the car died. pulled over...Wouldn't start. I don't have a compression check guage, but will rent one if I have to. I've read a lot about timing being off, or the dizzy being no good. I'm just wondering where I should start"

we replaced the dizzy along with the spark plugs and wires.
    thanks in advance

Crude way of checking compression is to turn the crankshaft using hand tool. As you turn it in the direction of normal rotation, you should feel four pronounced resistance.

Remove oil filler cap and look inside to see a rocker arm + camshaft are moving while cranking.
    A&P-IA

Comment

yes ive done it with the valve cover off, make like an air escaping noise. everything roates fine also while rotating the engine manually

Comment

check to see if its getting spark

Comment

would the main relay cause it to back fire?

Comment

wrong timing and having your firing order will make your car backfire and run like shit

Comment

Your timing belt may have skipped a couple teeth.
              And u said u hear hissing rotating the motor with the valve cover off. Are the plugs in? If so a bent or damaged.valve can cause a hissing backfire no start symptom.
              Last edited by ryans91CB7; 07-21-2012, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X