Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

PCV delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carbonaccord View Post
    an AOS is basically like a catch can in a way. it has various baffles, screens, and even copper wool of sorts to separate the oily vapors from the pcv system air. it separates the oil from the air and as it collects it has a return hose back into the engine somewhere (could be the pan or valve cover, not too sure as i never installed or used one)

so while the oil goes back into the crank case, the clean oil free air is then routed back into the intake tract or manifold of the engine as normal oil free air. The benefits of this system is that it doesnt require any maintenance (draining) as it is self sufficient. An AOS can also be installed with An fitting i believe.

i went with a catch can set up because its more simplistic to install and yes far cheaper for a atpyical catch can than say a crawford performance or grimmspeed AOS. two -10 AN fittings welded on the valve cover, catch can mounted to the firewall, hoses from the valve cover to the can and thats it. (of course plug up the oem pcv hose area and a mini filter on the oem inlet on the left rear of the valve cover)

EDIT: i see the purpose of a check valve in the system now. dont want any backflow out of the little filter otherwise it wcan saturate with oil from vapors coming back out of there. i may have to invest in some for my set up. a quick google search of "-10 AN check valve" reveals that vibrant performance has some specifically for aftermarket pcv system set ups. although id need two and at 33 bucks a pop.. ill have to keep searching!
    So it's a tad more fancy pants than a catch can setup but you pay more for the fancy. Makes sense to prefer the catch can with the ease of install and what-not. Also, good luck finding your fittings and thank you for the info.

Comment

Working...
    X