No announcement yet.

FU Photobucket!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the photos are there, they are just not allowing 3rd party linking... talk about a headache to sort through.
    Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

I guess I'm SOL. I had 1700 images linked to this forum. I just downloaded all my images in case the company goes bankrupt or something and I don't have access to them.

11 years of linked images...that's too much to go through so much for all 32 pages of my MR thread.

I would also be cautious about going to flickr, since they're probably the next company that will charge to host images 3rd party.
      Last edited by Losiracer2; 07-09-2017, 02:05 AM.

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Right now cpmike is working on a solution. We'll see where he gets with it. If his idea doesn't pan out, Raf99 and I have been discussing another potential (but more labor intensive) solution. We're not sunk... but this does indeed suck.

I agree that the other free image hosts surely aren't far behind. Social media is killing image hosts the way it's killing forums. They're killing themselves in an effort to survive.

Comment

Wow, what bullshit

Thankfully I have one of their premium accounts back from when I was going over the bandwidth limit.

Comment

Thank you, CPMike, for working out a hosting/linking solution to these image "hosting" sites.

Peeps, make sure you download your pictures off of Photobucket if you don't have a copy on your hard drive!
            *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
            ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
            ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
            "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
            Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
            The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
            Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

There is an option on the right hand side of your photobucket page to download your albums. They compress the album into a .zip file for you and email you a download link. I was able to get one of my albums downloaded but kept getting errors when trying to get others.

EDIT: Just checked my build thread on ih8mud.com and the photos are still linking to my photobucket. All the photos in this thread are hosted on photobucket.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/lum...-build.977602/

Last edited by lummieCB7; 07-10-2017, 03:02 AM.
              ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::For Sale Thread::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::::::::: S2K::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: CB7:::::::::::::::: Flickr

Comment

Solution: Check out this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD7LGl3IBFw
                I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  We should all just chip in for a communal 500gb account.
                  They have a cap for excessive bandwidth usage that is at their discretion.

As of right now, Flickr is the best option if you have thousands of photos (like me) for $50 a year, but it could go up in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
                    Solution: Check out this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD7LGl3IBFw
                    Neh. Just another hosting provider that shares your shit for ya. I do give photobucket and others credit, what they are doing is a mamoth project. Can you imagine what it would take to host all those files, the amount of money required. And 90% of their audience was using the free service. Can't blame them. Yet, there obviously was money to make through advertising. Maybe from adblocks and other trends they were losing money, as will the others? I don't follow stocks or anything, but I do know many people won't pay for this yet the service may not exist in 5 years if we don't. Imagine the day when you have to pay or you don't get to host an image anywhere.

Comment

Honestly that is why I'm just working on bringing up a web server at home to just host the files myself, to the internet. I know this ins't a workable solution for most people, but at this point I'm over the image hosting sites and anymore bullshit they might pull. Or things like your account randomly breaking on Photobucket and their support not caring enough to fix your account for you. I can fix whatever breaks on my own web server without wanting to pull out my hair over other peoples incompetence.
                      MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                        Honestly that is why I'm just working on bringing up a web server at home to just host the files myself, to the internet. I know this ins't a workable solution for most people, but at this point I'm over the image hosting sites and anymore bullshit they might pull. Or things like your account randomly breaking on Photobucket and their support not caring enough to fix your account for you. I can fix whatever breaks on my own web server without wanting to pull out my hair over other peoples incompetence.
                        Yep, as soon as they did it I started downloading albums to my server/NAS. I'll host my pics local. The issue I have now is that I can't get all my albums. Waiting for the storm to end which is probably maxing out their servers...

Comment

Just got an email from Photobucket today about this. So far my pictures are still displaying on this site. I suppose I can transfer my important stuff over the flickr. May take some time, but I definitely don't want my main relay DIY pics and others taken down from this site.

My swap thread
                          Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Originally posted by 4CYLPOWER92 View Post
                            Just got an email from Photobucket today about this. So far my pictures are still displaying on this site. I suppose I can transfer my important stuff over the flickr. May take some time, but I definitely don't want my main relay DIY pics and others taken down from this site.
                            I could still see my posts but others could not.
                            [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                              im trying to do this via computer program, at least. Proof of concept seems to be working for the most part.
                              Exactly, just like the credits in a movie..showing where/who helped part of the project.
                              Keep Pushing..

Comment

Hey, they finally took my pictures. That is all
                                ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

Working...
                                X