Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Euro-r front and rear main seals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Euro-r front and rear main seals

I was wanting to out all new seals front and rear along with new timing belt water pump. How would be the best way to get the correct parts?

You can go to the dealership and buy all the parts you need. All oem. Price varies depending on state as I found out through ppl I know that are in different states.

Just tell them you want all the seals or ask for master seal kit and timing belt kit.
    NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
    DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Any seals should match a normal 97-01 Prelude VTEC.

I wouldn't recommend the full kits on ebay, they are made of garbage rubber.

If you don't want to spend dealership prices, I would recommend: https://www.rockauto.com

or if you want OEM parts in particular, this would be the dealership to buy them from (cheapest): https://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

The problem I was having with dealer wanted a vin# said they couldn't look it up any other way. So I need to get 97-01 prelude parts.thanks y'all are awsome

Comment

If you can find a source for part numbers specific to the Euro R, it would be best to cross-reference those numbers to those of the regular 97-01 H22A. Most parts should be interchangeable, if not identical, but some things may differ. Better to know ahead of time, rather than being caught off guard!

Comment

My main concern are the crank seals if any one new if they would be the same?

Comment

Good question because I read about the JDM oil pumps are different than the USD ones.

Or do you mean like rear main seal?
              Keep Pushing..

Comment

Your fine using USDM OEM seals. I have a F20B oil pump on my H22A1, just bought the standard seal for the H/F engines and it hasn't leaked in over a year of abuse.
                MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by G. Wiffington View Post
                  Good question because I read about the JDM oil pumps are different than the USD ones.

Or do you mean like rear main seal?
                  Yeah rear main I ordered stuff for a 98 prelude. Clutch pressure plate release bearing was all identical to what came off. Decided not to mess with seals they don't look like they have been leaking I ordered them but going to wait till that is a must in case there are differences between the two.

Comment

If you have it apart I would go ahead and do it. Better than having it spring a leak later, also taking it aprt disturbs the seal and can cause a leak.

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                    X