97-01 Cr-v springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

97-01 Cr-v springs

Hey folks I'm interested to know if 97-01 Cr-v coil springs would fit our cars. I'm looking to lift a winter beater and wanted to lift it and run 205/70/15s A/T's with some clearance for peace of mind. I know people are gonna ask why lift a cb but it's a beater so please no comments unless there helpful.

Thanks!

Bought from:AbsurdNY,92smokeaccord,cb7inct,nevi325,xkjnboix,cb 7resurrector,JoshM

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203451

Originally posted by markrutherford View Post
    Hey folks I'm interested to know if 97-01 Cr-v coil springs would fit our cars. I'm looking to lift a winter beater and wanted to lift it and run 205/70/15s A/T's with some clearance for peace of mind. I know people are gonna ask why lift a cb but it's a beater so please no comments unless there helpful.

Thanks!
    I actually would love to know if it would work out, thought of a lifted CB7 is cool
    " Insert funny quote here "

Comment

Why do you think cr-v springs will lift the car? Do you know the dimensions of the cr-v spring? the stock accord springs?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I'm interested in if it will lift the cb or not. Now the springs will fit and what not. But I was looking to more if someone has done it already or know of someone. The cr-v clears 205/70/15s easy

Bought from:AbsurdNY,92smokeaccord,cb7inct,nevi325,xkjnboix,cb 7resurrector,JoshM

Comment

I would go and research spring rates to compare. The rate of the spring and the height are the comparison factors.

Honestly, for a beater I would just throw on snow tires and be done. Nothing will be gained by lifting it and putting on AT tires.
          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Well it's gonna be a beater/off road car. The car it self is in great shape, it's just I've always wanted to lift a cb and see how high I can go. But thank you, I see no one truly knows or have done it

Comment

Well it's gonna be a beater/off road car. The car it self is in great shape, it's just I've always wanted to lift a cb and see how high I can go. But thank you, I see no one truly knows or have done it
              because its stupid. stock springs make it off road as it is, like three stacked fists wheel gap yo. do it and share the results, its not hard to undo if it dont work.

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                because its stupid. stock springs make it off road as it is, like three stacked fists wheel gap yo. do it and share the results, its not hard to undo if it dont work.
                I love people on here. Everyone saying stuff are "stupid" and yo yo. Well thank you for your comment sir.

Comment

I wanna see a lifted CB7 I think it would be neat and possibly provide useful unlike slamming the car to the frame which does nothing good to car
                  " Insert funny quote here "

Comment

I love people on here. Everyone saying stuff are "stupid" and yo yo. Well thank you for your comment sir.
                    Well you are just assuming CRV springs will lift the car without researching the spring specs so you should expect comments like that. You could put them on and it could drop the car and make it ride hard, how do you know?
                    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

well if it wasnt stupid... then at least someone would have done it by now..so be the progressive and show us.. like i said, go do it. most on here are smart enough to try different chassis parts that are at least similar to our cb's.. here you come with anyone ever try this..from a vehicle thats not anything like the accord, so in essence your question is stupid I guess I should've said. Must be getting some crv springs for free eh. like i also said stock accord springs have plenty of height and are probably at the nearmost maximum of the suspensions articulation. good luck in your endeavors post some pics when youre done.

Comment

Our cars could probably clear 70 series on stock springs. You know if you lift it on stock struts, you'll lose suspension travel and it is just as bad as slamming as far as travel. Your geometry will change, and you'll still need a camber kit. The UCAs may not be too happy either. It's alot more to it than slapping on springs. You have to treat it like lowering.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Ordering the springs today

Comment

In for results. Let us know how it works.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Maybe if "stupid" were substituted for 'ill advised'?

It is a matter of degree though, if you're only after a mild lift because your driveway is a bit lumpy, then I can't see a major issue if the springs will fit safely.

On the other hand if someone wants the car on 'stilts' for some perverse perception of 'coolness' then personally I'd say very ill advised. I'd also say this about any substantial lift on any car that wasn't done thoughtfully for the strict purpose of serious off-roading, which is something for which a FWD sedan isn't the best choice (especially if it has very little 'droop' travel because it's been excessively raised). It's not just this, I'd say 'ill advised' about scrape the road slams, and ill advised camber, and ill advised degrees of tyre stretching, etc. I know, I'm old and boring so therefore don't think dangerous things that serve no practical purpose (like improving handling), are in any way 'cool' (I'm obviously too boring to understand how over-ridingly important making a fashion statement is...).

If a quite substantial 'look at me I'm cool' lift is desired then to me it seems a lot of trouble to make something dynamically worse than it already is. I suppose everyone needs a hobby, so long as it's realised that it will most probably be not much good off-road due to limited droop travel (unloaded front wheel hanging in the air, not good for traction), and on road will be dangerous at any significant speed.
                              Last edited by johnl; 10-21-2014, 12:33 PM.
                              Regards from Oz,
                              John.

Comment

Working...
                              X