F series axles on h series trans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F series axles on h series trans

I wanna swap in a h series trans on my f. And i was really was wondering if the axles are interchangeable? Thats all i really need to know and i cant find it anywhere. Thanks for the help

Use the Accord axles and mid-shaft.
    Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

I find it very hard to believe that you couldn't find it anywhere. It's widely-known information on this site and this site is usually one of the first sites in the results list when searching regarding H-series information.

Yes, you use your Accord axles. For this car, concerning all transmission, replacements, swaps or upgrades you will only ever use '90-'93 Accord axles. If you have an Accord or a Prelude automatic transmission, then you will use '90-'93 Accord automatic transmission-compatible axles. If you have an Accord or Prelude manual transmission, then you will use '90-'93 Accord manual transmission-compatible axles and intermediate shaft.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
        I find it very hard to believe that you couldn't find it anywhere. It's widely-known information on this site and this site is usually one of the first sites in the results list when searching regarding H-series information.

Yes, you use your Accord axles. For this car, concerning all transmission, replacements, swaps or upgrades you will only ever use '90-'93 Accord axles. If you have an Accord or a Prelude automatic transmission, then you will use '90-'93 Accord automatic transmission-compatible axles. If you have an Accord or Prelude manual transmission, then you will use '90-'93 Accord manual transmission-compatible axles and intermediate shaft.
        I really did i have literally spent most of the day looking and thank you for the response. I just wasnt sure if the spline count was different or not but I guess it makes sense. Is there a better transmission of all the h series or are they basically all the same?

Comment

To be honest I just slapped my accord ones in when I did my swap without even thinking lol. Didn't think it made sense to use the prelude ones.

And if I'm not mistaken there is differences in all prelude transmissions. I know there is LSD and Non LSD variants. But not sure on gear ratios/final drives.
          Originally posted by cb9love
          when all the cali cb's get forced off the road send em back too Ohio, we will still run them cats or not.

Comment

F/H Series Transaxle Info (Manual & Automatic)

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=37839

Comment

Originally posted by Andrewasoar View Post
              To be honest I just slapped my accord ones in when I did my swap without even thinking lol. Didn't think it made sense to use the prelude ones.

And if I'm not mistaken there is differences in all prelude transmissions. I know there is LSD and Non LSD variants. But not sure on gear ratios/final drives.
              How do you like your h tranny? Because im still trying to get info about all the trannys and i wanna get the best one i can get for acceleration and power i think im going to put the f 5th gear in it when i get a tranny

Comment

If I had to do it over again, I would look into putting the Accord fifth gear in the H tranny. The lower gearing makes my 90 LX much more fun around town, but I'd like the engine to turn slower on long trips. My solution is to not run as fast as I used to on the highway, then I don't have to worry about the police. My wife hates driving it because she's always trying to find another gear above fifth - she's too used to driving her 93 LX with stock Accord 5 speed.
                90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

What if you take the f tranny and take the guts from an h23 tranny and put in 1-4 and leave the 5th gear in there that way you dont have to machine the 5th gear to get it to fit in the h case?

Comment

I honestly do not know the answer to that but there is probably a reason why no one has done it that way. Tishock had a very thorough write up on swapping the 5th gear in.
                    Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Gears 3-5 are a matched set. The overall thickness of gears 3-5 are the same on the H and F transmissions. Unfortunately, the individual gears are NOT the same thickness for the H and F transmissions. Thus, the F 5th gear is a bit thicker than the H 5th gear. Hence the need to have it shaved if you only use 5th gear from the F transmission.

I know a lot of people have shaved the F 5th gear and installed it with H 1st to 4th gears. But back when I worked for Honda, an engineer there told me that the gears are case-hardened and shaving 5th gear will remove this. He recommended that I not shave the gear. Of course, he modified and raced Integra Type Rs, so his demands on the gears may have been a lot more extreme than a daily driver.

Comment

Working...
                      X