This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 407accord
    You definately don't want to be removing that unless you want to be illegal.
    or die in a crash

Bought from: 92acclude, almostJDM, cali-racer, MikeW, rexload, slick, sackingz123, so-calsfinest, lindiz, yeamans17
    Sold to: timmy0tool, sackingz123, judonoh, jdmhondaman, jdmaccord91,Ofr
    mycb7.com
    Members Ride

Comment

stock im 2980
      now its 27XX the XX is between 45-70 i cant remember

i have to weight tickets to back it up but i dont have them in front of me atm

but yeah this was all b4 reading this post. other than actual weight of some items i pretty much did all this myself ^_^ glad sumone posted it for others

cb7 ftw!
      frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Removed all A/C components today. 45lbs tops.
        Compressor ~25lbs
        Condensor ~10lbs
        Evaporater ~5lbs
        Drier, lines, and fluid ~5lbs
        I don't know where people got their 70lb+ numbers from. I think it's just a case of some noodle-armed cb7tuners overestimating the weight.
        Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
        -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
        MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

since im building a track car, i was thinking...stock oem exhaust system is pretty heavy.

what about replacing the entire system with mild steel piping and one dynomax racing muffler

i was tihnking of putting that in replacement of the cat and run piping all the way to the back and weld in a tip.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

13 pages so far! this has proven to be a really informative and intersting thread.

you could trim a little off your shifter, and save a few ounces and make it have a little sportier look, lol. im mostly joking but if someone decides to do that, make sure you have one of the aftermarket shiftknobs that use small allen screws and not a shiftknob that threads on.

also, in my town there is a co-op where farmers used to sell different grains, and there is a scale there where they used it for weighing loads. It's pretty accurate and its on all night. so i just drive onto the platform get out of the car and climb a small ladder and look in this window, and voila! I realize my car is a tank, lol. I havent done anything with the weight reduction except when i got my flywheel. I actually would like to take this time to say that an 8lb flywheel hasnt pleased me. first gear is incredible, then second gear falls on its face..

anyways, lets keep it going! people keep thinking of things to add.. or uhh .. remove!
            92 lx
            automatic
            slow

but its clean!..kinda

Comment

Whenever I wanna race I just let my cousin drive he's a midget
              Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

anyone got some updates? its been awhile i'll be weighing the powering pump tomorrow.
                Project EX Coupe Coming Soon...
                ..::Built not Bought::..

Comment

Originally posted by GREENCB3
                  Whenever I wanna race I just let my cousin drive he's a midget
                  lol..nice.

*Needs*
                  -New shocks
                  -Struts
                  -Drop
                  -Cleaning
                  -New Tires/Wheels
                  -New Window Tint
                  -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

fukin me and my buddy finished off a mini kegger of Heineken + 2 bottles more in two nights.

that didnt help my weight.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Removed entire assembly to power steering month or so ago. here is what was removed...Removed my Power steering pump, removed the high line, removed all the piping to VSS, removed all lines to reservior, removed all lines to p/s cooler. total of all parts added together is 24lbs. (thats not including the p/s fluid)

P/S and bracket removal, all the lines and p/s cooler - 24lbs

so far my car weighs about 26xx lbs. thats still with ac and full cabin interior.
                      Last edited by trah; 02-25-2008, 08:19 PM.
                      either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

Bump for some knowledge

Stock 90-91 Headlights = 8lbs each (with bracket)
                        JDM 92-93 Headlights = 4.75lbs each (no bracket, it's built in)

That's a savings of 6.5lbs for the pair.

Update the first post deever

Originally posted by Maple50175
                        Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by uslspct
                          Removed all A/C components today...
                          I don't know where people got their 70lb+ numbers from. I think it's just a case of some noodle-armed cb7tuners overestimating the weight.

yeah working with pkgs all the time you get close (fedex) im usually within a lb or so guestimating stuff

Put in racing seatbelts and took out all the auto seatbelt stuff. (ALL!) the brain isn't 6lbs... but removing all the belts, the motors, and of course the brain, is maybe 25-30. The new belts I have are probably about 10-12lbs so I still saved about 15lbs.
                          My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Originally posted by Fearit22
                            The hood is more like twice that much. Mine weighed about 55-60 pounds when I took it off.
                            I've carried mine by myself during my wire tuck, it's nowhere near that much.
                            My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

never forget to take a leak and a dump b4 u drive.

Comment

Second round of hatch crap removal. Here are the weights (pretty much all wagon specific)

6x9" Speaker Cover: 1 lb
                                6x9" Speaker bracket: 1 lb
                                Strut Access Covers: .8 lb (.4 lb each)
                                Rear Side Trim: 2 lb (1 lb each)
                                Rear Center Trim: 2.6 lb
                                Vent trim: .8 lb (.4 lb each)
                                Side Storage Cover: 2.4 lb
                                Side Access Panel Cover: .6 lb
                                Hardware from hatch: .6 lb

Total: 11.8 lbs

Then there are things that I left in but weight just for clarification.

Wagon Hatch Cover: 11.8 lbs
                                Spare: 43 lbs
                                Spare tie down: .4lbs
                                Jack: 3.8 lbs
                                Jack Holder: .6 lbs
                                Tools: 1.8 lbs

And a picture of the hatch just to show what it takes to loose this amount of weight.

Originally posted by Maple50175
                                Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Working...
                                X