No announcement yet.

EXT: Civic Socket wiring, for Bumper light conversions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone have any problems with the lights just not staying on...I did everything correctly and the light just doesnt stay on..it signals and the corners turn on...but its not staying on its as if i didnt even do anything different...

Comment

Originally posted by 92whiteboicb7 View Post
      anyone have any problems with the lights just not staying on...I did everything correctly and the light just doesnt stay on..it signals and the corners turn on...but its not staying on its as if i didnt even do anything different...
      You hooked up the red wire to the corner light wrong. Because that is the one that makes it light up. Also did you use the stock light bulbs or the civic light bulbs?

1992 Accord EX Coupe >http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...00#post3060200
      Originally posted by keepinitclean
      I give it 2 weeks before you sell it.

Comment

Originally posted by 92whiteboicb7 View Post
        Did you change the sockets and bulbs? It wont work if you didn't.

Comment

Just did it on the SE with the civic sockets. One of the bulbs I had was burnt out, and found out the the 3157 bulbs are interchangable with 1157s, so I'm running 1157 bulbs in them.

Last edited by crazymikey; 10-02-2011, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkHusk11 View Post
            You hooked up the red wire to the corner light wrong. Because that is the one that makes it light up. Also did you use the stock light bulbs or the civic light bulbs?
            he did use the civic bulbs im thinking there bad or one wire was wrong. i wasnt with him when he installed them so i havent seen any wires or the bulbs condition.

Comment

Green and black wires from Civic socket connect to green and black wires from the Accord turn signals.

On the passenger side, run the red wire from the Civic socket to the 2nd corner light and tap into the green wire with the red stripe.

On the driver side, on the 2nd bulb, tap into the solid red wire.
              Last edited by crazymikey; 10-02-2011, 01:39 AM.

Comment

lol Crazymikey, I just did this mod yesterday too.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
                I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                  Green and black wires from Civic socket connect to green and black wires from the Accord turn signals.

On the passenger side, run the red wire from the Civic socket to the 2nd corner light and tap into the green wire with the red stripe.

On the driver side, on the 2nd bulb, tap into the solid red wire.

im pretty sure thats what i did but ima check on it tomorrow...its kinda dark now..but if thats not what i did thank you for the details!

Comment

There is also a chance your bulbs could be no good.

I wired mine up yesterday and the running light was working but the signal wasnt. I thought I did it incorrectly, but I put another bulb in and it worked fine.

Check the bulbs first, then check the wiring if it still isn't working properly.

Comment

Thought I'd bump this up with a little update. My wiring skills have advanced a bit in the past 4 years, so I replaced the corroded spade terminals with something a little better.

Cut up the original 2-pin socket to make a mating connector for the car-side connector. Soldered the Civic socket plug to the connector, and added a 1-pin Weatherpack terminal to mate to the park light lead. You can ignore the green connector, unless you have intersection lights.
                      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Working...
                      X