Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Flaming

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JonnyD View Post
    As for telling someone to "search" I think maybe I should start asking a whole bunch of dumb questions cause ive been a member for a while here and ive got what 20? Posts. I thinks maybe I need to act like a dumbass for a while so I can get my post count up so im not stuck in newb section forever. And ive never really understood flaming. Just because you arent face to face with someone means you can be a dick? Maybe off topic a bit but alot of time when I buy something off craigslist the person who ive just emailed and said id like to buy whatever it was they were selling acts like a complete asshole. whats with that anyway? Sorry about the punctuation and spelling my phones screen is broken andnits hard to type.
    Why would you need to act like a "Dumbass" to get your posts up?
    Why can't you help others instead?

Also of note - Why do people feel the need to make excuses about poor punctuation and spelling?
    Why not just do it properly in the first place?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
      Why would you need to act like a "Dumbass" to get your posts up?
      Why can't you help others instead?

Also of note - Why do people feel the need to make excuses about poor punctuation and spelling?
      Why not just do it properly in the first place?
      That was posted tounge in cheek. I do try to help but most of the time by the time I see a thread that I could offer advice on someone has already beat me to it or its not in the beginner section. I do like reading threads though because it does give me ideas I may want to try on my car.

If you read what I was saying I was using my phone at the time to post that and it has a smashed screen that is nearly impossible to see tiny text on. Just trying to be a part of the forum here but ive never been a member of one before this and im finding it hard to not sound like a complete jerk while posting replies. Trust me im not a jerk.

I still need a wagon.
      Last edited by JonnyD; 02-04-2013, 11:09 PM.

Comment

ive been reaading up on this sit lots of great info but why all the people saying i dont understand u and i reAD it its fine this is a car sit not dam english class and deeve who ever he thinks he is he bashes alotta people bad and i read about him he gives advice to everyone all his turbo shit is way offf man build 1st and then he talks about swaps he then said i PERSONALLY didnt do mine then wdf would he know? sorry but this sit is kinda wack guys dont give me advice until u have hands on exp. thats how i feeli have a h22a swap done it all stilll slow tho use to my tsi i guess

Comment

^^Does this guy keep getting new ip aDr3ssE$?

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
          It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

^^^ Terrible try on your part speed. Why must you continue to lie and make more accounts?

02 Crv
            02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
            92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
            Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
              ^^^ Terrible try on your part speed. Why must you continue to lie and make more accounts?
              Look at the date though, he must have a bank of pre made accounts

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
              It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

I don't care what he made, hes still a wanna be with nothing to contribute. And you are probably right i either think hes truly as dumb as he seems or a mod playing troll.

02 Crv
                02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

I don't think any of the mods could even pretend to be that stupid.

I'm done with this joker. He can keep coming back if he'd like. He's too fucking stupid to type in a way that doesn't reveal him in the first post, and that first post is almost always an attack on me.
                  Yes, this isn't "english class", but you know what? We can't help people we can't understand.

Furthermore, yes... I had my swap done by a shop in 2003. I taught them how to do it, because they lied to me about their previous experience. I was a beginner. I learned. If homeboy is going to dig up things from a decade ago to illustrate how I know nothing now... so be it. I'll admit that I'm no expert. I'll admit that there are plenty of people on this site that know a hell of a lot more than me. But you'll never see me pretending to know something I don't, or saying I did something that I've never done (*cough*vr6inacrx*cough*)

Comment

Not trying to post random stuff but I have grown to love this forum because its been the most helpful and quickest to getting my problems and questions solved. Granted, I did come off as a newb at first, but who doesn't, right? But as time goes on, and respect & discipline is learned, we can all just enjoy what we enjoy most: our beloved CB7.

As a little boy growing up without a father, then becoming a father of two daughters (yes boys, Im a stereotypical proud owner of a REAL Remington 870 btw), I've learned about, earned, and taught about respect the hard way, just so that young kids nowadays don't get hurt or killed because of it.

Respect the very ones who help you solve your problems. Because when you get into a raspberry jam you couldn't get out of, and then these folks help you get out of them, you WILL realize who your REAL friends are...and they're usually not the ones within arms reach.

"There are only two types of people in this world... Those who run & win, and those who sit at the sidelines & watch the winners pass them by."

My YouTube Channel! - There's more videos here!
                    Check 'em out, hit LIKE, or even better, stay updated with more vids when you SUBSCRIBE, including vids of my JDM H23A swap!

Comment

not "every" one has done it... just saying... I have but can't acuse every one.. =D i love cb7 tuner! =D

Comment

Originally posted by GARGOLA88 View Post
                        Exactly...
                        this i believe is one of the reasons why a lot of cb owner are a lil afraid or worried if they post there cb up on the site there are going to get flamed on about what mods have been done or what style they rock it shouldn't matter all it should matter is we all love honda's especially our cb's and should be thank full that that person was able to share his vision with this fine community we all turn to so much for questions and answers to... support is the best thing this community of cb's has that no other honda community has IMO.. SUPPORT EACH OTHER NO MATTER WHAT STYLE YOU ROCK.. rice,jdm,usmd,custom,race,street,black,purple,oran ge,green,red,gold,pink, No Matter it's A honda and we should accept it and embrace it...
                        Totally agree with you on that. This site would be pretty hum drum if every single CB in the world was exactly the same right. When you dis someones ride it just shows how little self esteem you have for yourself.

Comment

Preach ON!!!! its crazy how some people are soo damn cocky on here i can ask the littlest question and i get the worst comments in the world

Comment

It could be that your attitude that 'some people are cocky' just pisses people off.

This thread is here to help explain what is considered flaming on this site (more detailed definitions are found in the rules... that nobody bothers to read), and to tell people not to do it.
                            I find it funny that it turns into a criticism of "this site".

I don't bash your car (unless your mods are unsafe, and you're telling people how "awesome" they are... we don't need any copycats hurting themselves). Please don't bash my site.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
                              We're all here because we love our old Accords... or because we couldn't afford anything better.
                              LOL so true...

Comment

The modders are "always... ALWAYS" the first ones to flame. So I don't know what the purpose of this thread is.

ShiroiKinCB

Comment

Working...
                                X