Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Need help identifying part.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help identifying part.

What is this part called and it's purpose and can I remove it, or do I have to relocate it. It only attached to the harness, not the plenum, and the vacuum ports are open.

Also what is the name and function of these. I think it might have something to do with either the ac system or ps, which I have neither. So can I unplug and remove this.

Oh a little info on my cb. F20b/p28 tuned/p2u5 trans/ps,ac,egr,Iab delete/ h23 plenum, throttle body, internal dizzy, obd1 h22 injectors/stage 3 6puck clutch, and a bunch of other unimportant things.

first one is injector resistor box, and you would have to relocate it, if you want to move it.

Comment

Second pic is of fan relays. One for condenser, the other for radiator, IIRC.
      A&P-IA

Comment

Ok thanks bro, I was wondering why my fan wasn't working, mybe the relays out. Ok I have another question, referring to the abs system. I have the unit in the trunk disconnected, because the motor is no good. I was wondering if I could unplug the entire system( basically everything colored orange) and leave all the mechanical parts intact. Will I encounter any problems with doing this

Comment

what happend if u take the fan relays off?

Comment

ur fans dont work

Comment

Originally posted by browncali View Post
              what happend if u take the fan relays off?
              Seriously? Uh, the fans would cease to operate...

Edit.... Damn, Dani beat me to it!
              Originally posted by Mishakol129
              Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
                Seriously? Uh, the fans would cease to operate...

Edit.... Damn, Dani beat me to it!
                i took my off nd steel work

Comment

i took my off nd steel work
                  What about your A/C?

Comment

its gone..lol...i just have the left fan nd it works perfect without da relay

Comment

That's why, those relays are AC specific IIRC, and the AC fan is on the drivers side, and the cooling fan is on the passenger side.

Comment

Then I would guess that it wasn't the fan relay that you removed. With the fan relay removed, the fan would not work.
                        MR Thread
                        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

OP, why do you feel the need to have a 6-puck clutch with a stock F20B?
                          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

ohh but yea thas y i took my off cuz i didnt c any differences

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                              Then I would guess that it wasn't the fan relay that you removed. With the fan relay removed, the fan would not work.
                              i 100% sure it was those 2 relays

Comment

Working...
                              X