CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner "Off Topic"

Old 10-25-2017, 04:01 PM   #21
chi
CB7tuner Member

chi is cool... so far.
Why not go with a 6.0? Everyone hates on 6.0s for some reason but if you build them right they'll last forever..and they sound so mean with a straight pipe lol. 7.3s are bulletproof though,wont get the same power out of it but still an awesome build!

Some sad news came about today...the title for my honda is gone,and my buddy doesnt wanna file for another one. He wanted to scrap it and i about cried lol so we brainstormed how we could go about keeping the car around a little longer and came up with one final solution....derby car! What better way to send the moredoor out in a blaze of glory?? I've been researcing how well they hold up in a derby,and apparently they really kick ass,so im gonna weld a cage on,weld the trunk shut,halo(to keep the sides and top from crushing me lol),bolt the hood down,donuts on the back and bobcat tires up front,and take out all the interior besides driver seat,dash,radio and speakers lol
chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 11:32 PM   #22
CB7_Saloon
CB7tuner Member

CB7_Saloon is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chi View Post
Why not go with a 6.0? Everyone hates on 6.0s for some reason but if you build them right they'll last forever..and they sound so mean with a straight pipe lol. 7.3s are bulletproof though,wont get the same power out of it but still an awesome build!

Some sad news came about today...the title for my honda is gone,and my buddy doesnt wanna file for another one. He wanted to scrap it and i about cried lol so we brainstormed how we could go about keeping the car around a little longer and came up with one final solution....derby car! What better way to send the moredoor out in a blaze of glory?? I've been researcing how well they hold up in a derby,and apparently they really kick ass,so im gonna weld a cage on,weld the trunk shut,halo(to keep the sides and top from crushing me lol),bolt the hood down,donuts on the back and bobcat tires up front,and take out all the interior besides driver seat,dash,radio and speakers lol
You can't have him sign something that you can take to DMV? Would be sad to see a CB7 go just for that reason.
CB7_Saloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 10:12 PM   #23
chi
CB7tuner Member

chi is cool... so far.
Im sure we could get another title..but after hearing about my sedan being a brick shithouse,i might as well build it really well and give it a viking funeral lol..theres also a tossup on it being a track car first,just so we can keep it decent-ish for a little while longer. We've been looking to build another toy,losing the title was a sign lol
Old 11-04-2017, 06:14 PM   #24
chi
CB7tuner Member

chi is cool... so far.
We found the title! The car has been saved from total annihilation,but its going up for sale now. Shes gotta go along with atleast 2 more to make room for new projects
Old 12-04-2017, 05:02 PM   #25
chi
CB7tuner Member

chi is cool... so far.
The cb7 is about to get the love she deserves,got it almost ready to push into the garage and tear apart. Just bought a f22b1/5spd with 134k thats going in once i get a few more things,gonna find some wheels and tires to throw on it,and i just scored a legend front bumper,lip and fogs from the pick and pull today with plans to go back and get a dash,cluster,shifter,consoles,and carpet out of a cb7 i found. After I get it running and driving,I plan on popping out some dents,fixing major rust and painting it. Then I'll worry about building an h22 for it on the down road..my list is forever long on this car but i love her to death,i plan on holding onto Rhonda for a while lol.
I also got my 91 c1500 about ready for some winter love as well. Still need to pull the bed and push it inside and it gets to sit until the cb7 is running. It's kinda funny,i love my honda more than my chevy and it's the vehicle I've always wanted lol
Old 12-04-2017, 09:30 PM   #26
sonikaccord
Contributing Member

sonikaccord seems to have made some friends!
I've recently inherited an '85 RX-7. This is my first carb'd and rotary engine car! I feel like Tavarish...too many projects going on.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:39 AM   #27
talonted1990
CB7tuner Member

talonted1990 is cool... so far.
I recently bought a Civic for my next project, not going for much more than a clean daily driver. Pics are from seller, I haven't picked the car up yet.

https://imgur.com/a/Djnen
talonted1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 02:14 AM   #28
chi
CB7tuner Member

chi is cool... so far.
That rx7 sounds fun,one of my friends dads has an 85 rx7 that hes restoring for his wife,she had one while they were stationed in japan in the mid 80s and hes going to build it just like her old one,but hes been thinking about a 3 rotor in it.
Thats a super clean looking EK,i almost impulse bought an EK hatch earlier that was set up for a K series,it was spotless and the factory midori green was flawless,had full tein suspension and some TE37 knockoffsl. They wanted 1800,if i had the room i wouldve snagged it up. Something about that midori green..
Old 12-06-2017, 08:58 AM   #29
talonted1990
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Thats a super clean looking EK,i almost impulse bought an EK hatch earlier that was set up for a K series,it was spotless and the factory midori green was flawless,had full tein suspension and some TE37 knockoffsl. They wanted 1800,if i had the room i wouldve snagged it up. Something about that midori green..
It looks better in the pictures than it does in person. I am actually looking at an EG hatch that had a turbo b20/vtec setup in it, I want to daily the coupe and build a b20 for the hatch if I can get rid of a few of my other cars.
Old 12-08-2017, 05:52 PM   #30
NVmyCB7
CB7tuner Member

NVmyCB7 is cool... so far.
1991 Accord on back burner, did manual swap and turbo and now back to NA thinking about doing the buyback program that is offered for older cars and get $1000 for it.

2000 Honda Civic(daily) complete rebuild like new with OE or better parts with 14b turbo

2000 Prelude with 20G turbo

2015 Lancer Evolution Final Edition on the Prowl to 500whp currently putting down 411whp.
NVmyCB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 10:03 AM   #31
talonted1990
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by talonted1990 View Post
It looks better in the pictures than it does in person. I am actually looking at an EG hatch that had a turbo b20/vtec setup in it, I want to daily the coupe and build a b20 for the hatch if I can get rid of a few of my other cars.
Picked up a Mustang GT project so I won't be getting the hatch. Really need to sell something now......

https://imgur.com/a/bbCre
Old 12-11-2017, 02:27 PM   #32
gloryaccordy
Contributing Member

gloryaccordy seems to have made some friends!
I haven't had a CB7 in over 5 years. My last one was a disaster.

Wouldn't call my current cars "projects" though I do have some objectives in mind.

2012 G37S- So far so good. New wheels/tires/coilovers have been serving me well. I also added a front camber kit (very similar to a CB7 camber kit with with same clearance problem). Recently compounded it; looking for a free night or weekend to polish it. Got an Android head unit plug in thing that should hopefully be pretty cool, and I'd like to do an intake and exhaust. Probably going to cap it off with a sub box with a passive radiator in it and roll with it till the note's paid off.

2011 Civic EX- just gotta get it sold. Thinking about giving it to the in laws but I'm not sure they can drive stick. God it is so weak, loud and rattly. Glad to see it go

2006 Ninja 650R- on the fence. Did a track day last year and it was fun, but what I would need to get it up to snuff would buy a few bike rentals. And that wouldn't address the lack of power. Tempted to throw money at the suspension and the like but I really just need to sell it and move on. Have to fix the horn, turn signals and change the rear tire... and just leave it at that. 20K miles on the street... definitely had my fun, but as far as bikes go I'm keeping it on the track. Just not worth it with my first kid on the way, especially with how much more fun track days are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordoja View Post
im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral
gloryaccordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 11:19 AM   #33
chi
CB7tuner Member

chi is cool... so far.
Quote:
Picked up a Mustang GT project so I won't be getting the hatch. Really need to sell something now......

https://imgur.com/a/bbCre
I say sell the mustang lol
Just kidding,i know the pain,i have 5 vehicles and ones driveable lol
Old 12-12-2017, 01:06 PM   #34
talonted1990
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
I say sell the mustang lol
Just kidding,i know the pain,i have 5 vehicles and ones driveable lol
Lol, I have been looking for a Mustang for a year or so but I wanted a sn95 this time, I have had 2 other fox bodies but I couldn't pass up this deal. The only one of my vehicles that isn't running and driving is the Civic.
Old 01-19-2018, 11:10 AM   #35
talonted1990
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Lol, I have been looking for a Mustang for a year or so but I wanted a sn95 this time, I have had 2 other fox bodies but I couldn't pass up this deal. The only one of my vehicles that isn't running and driving is the Civic.
Sold the Mustang and bought a f350 crew cab dually, I really need to decide what I want as a project and stick to it, lol.
Old 01-19-2018, 04:33 PM   #36
G. Wiffington
CB7tuner Member

G. Wiffington seems to have made some friends! G. Wiffington seems to have made some friends!
New Project : 1997 EK Civic EX (D16Y8) 230,000 Miles
everything works!

F22 coming soon..

G. Wiffington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 02:08 AM   #37
wtfisafleek
CB7tuner Member

wtfisafleek is cool... so far.
'77 Honda CB550 - used to ride it for fun and a few long trips. I need to replace the points and oil and sell it.
'81 CB650 frame, parts. Probably gonna yank the motor and scrap the rest.
'97 VFR. Basically the spiritual successor to the NR750, one of the most beautifully designed, well engineered bikes ever made IMO. Love this bike. Needs carbs cleaned and a little body work. I used to ride this a lot too. Wonderful bike, wonderful sounds from the geared cams. Not to mention dead reliable.
'10 Camaro SS. Used to be my daily, the Accord is filling in now. Some light mods like exhaust, intake, etc. Nothing too crazy.

I need to get rid of the bikes so I can put the Chevy in the garage!! I haven't had the itch to ride in a couple years so I'm thinking of selling them. But I have a bad feeling the urge will come back in one fell swoop and I won't have them anymore. I just need to man up and sell them. I can always buy another bike.
wtfisafleek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 01:28 PM   #38
Size9zombie
CB7tuner Member

Size9zombie is cool... so far.
Just finished "building" my wifes CD5, (eibach prokit springs on KYB G2 struts, ebay cold air pipe with K&N filter, Energy Suspension front poly mount insert, revived interior to stock, SEM products "hot rod black" satin paint, shaved trunk, shaved side mouldings, clear not euro taillights, rear bumper corner lights and turns, black inset headlights, all chrome gone, 17" 5 spoke black and polished aluminum wheels, Sumitomo HTR A/S P02 215/45/17 tires). Currrently building my cb7, I also have 2 52 ford F1 trucks awaiting build, 1 show truck 1 ratrod, and an 86 mustang that will be a drag car. Also have a 94 Honda Magna 750 that doesn't need anything.

Last edited by Size9zombie; 01-21-2018 at 01:42 PM.
Size9zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 04:54 PM   #39
gloryaccordy
Contributing Member

gloryaccordy seems to have made some friends!
I am gonna change the rear shock on the 650R, rebuild the forks and change the tires. Been watching MotoGP vids and I do want to ride some more on the street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordoja View Post
im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral
gloryaccordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 08:29 AM   #40
talonted1990
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Sold the Mustang and bought a f350 crew cab dually, I really need to decide what I want as a project and stick to it, lol.
Small update: Never got the F350 running right so I am looking at a 1995 F150 reg cab short bed. The owner said it may need an engine so I can get it for a few hundred dollars. He is the original owner and the truck is in good shape. So as it sits I have a 93 accord, 97 Civic, 96 Volvo 960 and a 09 Kia Optima and they are all running strong.

I daily the Civic now.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/VoX2AKPAbYoxaLrR2

Last edited by talonted1990; 05-15-2018 at 09:41 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: