Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1992 Acura Vigor LS Video Review

Hey everyone,

When I still had my CB7 I had posted on here about my family's Acura Vigor (CB5). It's one of the most forgotten cars ever produced by Honda, and one that we think is next to impossible to find these days. We wanted to produce an episode of my car show on this car despite it's terminal condition since we likely won't find another Vigor to film for the show, plus it has sentimental value to us.

We try to cover all the important aspects of the Vigor in this video including all it's features. Since we were in the area we also filmed my old 90 LX Accord along with another member's 92 EX. We'll be publishing that episode next Monday with a Showdown episode on the Accord and Vigor for that Friday, to show the differences between the two cars.

Hope you guys like this video, and I hope the next one on the CB7 helps to get people excited about this chassis again.

Great video.

Thank you for spotlighting what a lot of people would consider Acura's biggest flop of a vehicle. Just because it didn't sell well doesn't mean people didn't/don't love it.
    Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Parts for that thing are hard to find too, i remember years ago as a part salesman i had a couple customers walk in trying to get parts that were simply impossible to find.
      [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Thanks for the post!!! Great video! I wonder if the vigor front bumper and hood would fit on our cb7's or if it's a bit wider like the legend.

Comment

I have always loved those things. My best friend had one when we were in high school. It's a shame there wasn't any aftermarket stuff for it.
          The CB7 Collector.
          Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
          92 LX Coupe F22A1
          2013 Toyota Corolla S
          92 EX Sedan F22A1
          Originally posted by deevergote
          Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

There are 5 or more vigors at a junkyard 15 minutes away from my house. All in pretty good shape.

Comment

Parts are impossible to get for this car, that's for sure. It's one of the issue's my father has had over the past 10 years with the car. Originally they had to go with genuine Acura parts when doing any service, very few aftermarket parts existed (at least according to him and the mechanic). Fast-forward to about 5 years ago and Acura stopped making parts for it, so aftermarket was the only option. Now even those have dried up.

I don't think the front end can bolt up to the CB7, but I could be wrong. The brakes are worth upgrading though, apparently they're a direct fit and improve the braking power considerably.

These were great cars, but easily forgotten. We'd love to get the chance to film one in much better condition one day. For now we'll be putting together the video on my old Accord and following it up with a comparison with the Vigor. I think it's going to be very interesting to see them side by side!

Comment

Excellent post... you need to get in touch with my friend Tyson Hugie. He has a collection of just about every Acura model from the 90's and all have manual trannies. You can check him out on his blog "drivetofive.com"

I detailed his Vigor a few months ago... sorry I haven't figured out how to downsize pics from ImgBB yet.

My Collection:
                93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
                00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
                04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

Working...
                X