Cleaning EGR passage from Cylinder Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning EGR passage from Cylinder Head

I got a f22a engine and i got my IM off. I am cleaning everything as much as i can. The EGR ports on IM was cleaned a year ago but after taking off IM i see that it was clogged coming from cylinder head. So am cleaning that with a barrel bristle cleaner. The nylon barrel bristle cleaner one will go in fine and snake around some. The brass one i got only goes in a few inches and stops. Am assuming cause it is so clogged back in there or the hole must get smaller. I got a 3.5mm cam am going to shove in there tomorrow and see whats what. In the meantime i got 2 questions. Is it normal after 250k miles for it to be this clogged. Second question is any ideals on cleaning it. Maybe spray some chemical in there or something and let it sit overnight. Then try brass barrel cleaner. Any thoughts.

A1 or A6? I assume when you say it was cleaned a year ago, you took out all the plugs, including the large one on the left end of the manifold, to get better access to the passages? I used a pressure washer on a full stripped set of runners.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
      A1 or A6? I assume when you say it was cleaned a year ago, you took out all the plugs, including the large one on the left end of the manifold, to get better access to the passages? I used a pressure washer on a full stripped set of runners.
      It is an a6. A year ago i just did the 6 as the one on end i couldn't get to while it was still on car. Am doing that one on end today. Is it normal to be clogged on head before it reaches into IM. This could be the cause of my bad city mpg.

Comment

Working...
      X