No announcement yet.

H311RA151N : 1986 Ford F-250 XL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installed the new cap, rotor, plug wires, coil, and plugs. A little bit more power and throttle response. I think the coil was weak.

Comment

My gauges came in today. Wanted some old school gauges. Something to meet the era of the truck or close to it. Really like these. Had my eye on them for a while. Paid less than $50 for all three shipped. BNIB NOS.

Comment

I found another old Suntune gauge BNIB. Vacuum. Same exact style as the other three. Right around $14 shipped. That will do it for gauges.

Comment

Received the vacuum gauge today. Different packaging but matches the others perfectly.

Comment

Since I have quite a few electronics inside the truck I'm ordering some 8 way terminal blocks to provide power and ground to everything. I have a label maker at work that I'll bring home and label all three terminal blocks.

One battery positive. One battery ground. And one chassis ground.

ATC fuse holders will also be installed on all three terminal blocks for added security.

Going with 16 gauge wiring.

I have already ordered 4 2" gauge cups. They will be mounted upside down above the stereo where I can monitor them closely.

The oil pressure sending unit on these trucks will kill the fuel pump in the event that the oil pressure drops dramatically. Which I like. I will be T-ing off at the oil pressure sending unit on the back of the intake manifold.

The gauge cups. They are cheap but will work flawlessly for what I need.

This is the location of the gauges.

Comment

Fancy stuff! Get a big one for drinks and shit.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                Fancy stuff! Get a big one for drinks and shit.
                Lol I could use a cup holder.

Comment

Got the gauge cups today. Will take some innovation to use them.

Comment

Removed the compressor. I purchased a rebuild kit for the FS6 compressor the other day and it arrived yesterday. Can't wait to have working A/C in this truck!

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                      Removed the compressor. I purchased a rebuild kit for the FS6 compressor the other day and it arrived yesterday. Can't wait to have working A/C in this truck!
                      Awesome! How hard are they to rebuild? I guess I had never considered rebuilding an A/C compressor, just figured to buy a reman or new, but I like the idea of rebuilding one.
                      Originally posted by sweet91accord
                      if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                        Awesome! How hard are they to rebuild? I guess I had never considered rebuilding an A/C compressor, just figured to buy a reman or new, but I like the idea of rebuilding one.
                        I've rebuilt both Hadsys and Nippondenso compressors for Accords. It's not too hard. Just make sure to get all the plates aligned correctly.

The FS6 I pulled off this truck is not locked up, sounds and feels really good. The clutch may be shot but I doubt it. The compressor I'll know more about when I get it apart.

Comment

Terminal blocks arrived.

Comment

Still haven't got around to doing the gauges yet. It will be a process as the way I want them is kinda specific. But in the end I think I'll be pleased with it.

Comment

Install your fancy cup holders already, man!

Comment

I'll be getting on this thing before long. Probably a month or so down the road.

Headers, bullet style mufflers, 3" exhaust.

38 gallon fuel tank, sending unit for aforementioned tank and an inline fuel pump.

It also need the steering rag joint I bought put in and engine mounts installed.

And the front end could use some attention. Tie rod ends and such.

Comment

Working...
                                X