Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiper Squirters clogged

Good morning,

I purchased last year some OEM wiper squirters for my CB. Shortly after they stopped working on the passenger side. Now if I power wash the hell out
    Of them they will squirt again. Long story short are there any better squirters out there I can use?
    For Sale Thread CLICK HERE!

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

You can use a pin or needle to remove the buildup on the squirters, do not be afraid to shove it in the holes as hard water deposits mixed with the chemicals is what causes that blockage. But no, you do not need to get new ones just unplug them.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

I thought we could get squirters from an Odyssey? that have a fan pattern instead of 2 jets. It's been awhile since I ran across it on here though.'

Otherwise just shove a paper clip or something else small in them. It's also how you can adjust the jets, stick in small object and pry it, eventually the jets will break free and you can adjust them.
      MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
        I thought we could get squirters from an Odyssey? that have a fan pattern instead of 2 jets. It's been awhile since I ran across it on here though.
        ^ this. I think also newer CRV ones would work. You can tell by looking at them - if they are similar sized and have a single output with a horizontal slit, you should be good to go.

https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-84561-47272.aspx

Many years ago somebody posted up about using old Chevy fan sprayers that clip onto the wiper arms themselves and shaving the holes on the hood. Thought that was pretty neat, but required a lot of work.
        Last edited by cp[mike]; 01-12-2018, 05:37 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

yeah I have CRV squirters in my red sedan.

When I find them blocked I just remove the squirters, put them in vinegar and use a small threading needle to push out any build up in the whole. I then wash them thoroughly and blow to make sure it squirts good.

Comment

If you use a pin to open them up, ideally you need to remove them (or remove the tube) and blow them out backwards to try to blow the debris out, otherwise it stays inside the squirter and is likely to end up back in the hole again.

Mine don't work because when I fill the tank, it just flows out onto the ground; I just haven't made the time to remove the front bumper and find out what's going on. I'll have to check how much access there is by pulling the fender liner back.
            90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
            08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

What year CRV’s do the squirters come from? I’ll grab some at pap this weekend.
              5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

I'm going to check those CR-V squirters out. I wonder if they will work better than the CB ones.

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
                  yeah I have CRV squirters in my red sedan.

When I find them blocked I just remove the squirters, put them in vinegar and use a small threading needle to push out any build up in the whole. I then wash them thoroughly and blow to make sure it squirts good.
                  Exactly what i do. Then after installing them use a small pick to adjust the ball to squirt where u want. These squirters work pretty well. JY has lots of them. I get replacements when i'm there mostly cause of the hood gaskets on them get broke. Be careful with the pick inside of the ball joint thingy as i have found trying to clean them that way can mess them up for some odd reason.

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                    If you use a pin to open them up, ideally you need to remove them (or remove the tube) and blow them out backwards to try to blow the debris out, otherwise it stays inside the squirter and is likely to end up back in the hole again.

Mine don't work because when I fill the tank, it just flows out onto the ground; I just haven't made the time to remove the front bumper and find out what's going on. I'll have to check how much access there is by pulling the fender liner back.
                    Confirmed the above today. The gasket between the pump and the tank was leaking - installed another tank. Removed the nozzles, used a pin to clear them, then blew them out backwards with air - I was really surprised by the amount of junk that came out. With the nozzles off, I ran the pump briefly to clear the lines - more crap came out. Everything works now, but I have a leak in the bellows from the fender to the hood; it is still available from Honda (I'm sure I have one around - just can't find it).
                    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Hey NH-503P-3, did you ever find out what year CRV nozzles and do they work better than the cbs? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by CB9_IS_2_BETTER View Post
                        Hey NH-503P-3, did you ever find out what year CRV nozzles and do they work better than the cbs? Thanks
                        I think I ended up buying new oem ones off eBay, if I go to the yard, next time I'll grab some off a CR-V and see if they work better.

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                          ^ this. I think also newer CRV ones would work. You can tell by looking at them - if they are similar sized and have a single output with a horizontal slit, you should be good to go.

https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-84561-47272.aspx

Many years ago somebody posted up about using old Chevy fan sprayers that clip onto the wiper arms themselves and shaving the holes on the hood. Thought that was pretty neat, but required a lot of work.
                          I got some squirters off a 99 crv today and i much prefer the fan pattern. Though the ones i got don't have the right angle at bottom. What year are those in the pic?

Comment

Originally posted by zedjr10 View Post
                            I got some squirters off a 99 crv today and i much prefer the fan pattern. Though the ones i got don't have the right angle at bottom. What year are those in the pic?
                            Now that you mention it, I do recall the CRV ones have the plumbing pointing straight out of the bottom, instead of 90 degrees off to the side, right?

In the picture, the output nozzle itself looks just like my 99 CRV ones - but they are actually from a Honda Odyssey 1999-2004. Those should be what you're looking for!

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                            Current cars:
                            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                              Now that you mention it, I do recall the CRV ones have the plumbing pointing straight out of the bottom, instead of 90 degrees off to the side, right?

In the picture, the output nozzle itself looks just like my 99 CRV ones - but they are actually from a Honda Odyssey 1999-2004. Those should be what you're looking for!
                              yeah str8t down. I like the pattern much better than accord squirters. I will look for Odyssey ones next time in jy for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X