CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 06-28-2013, 02:55 AM   #1
buyars
Newcomer

buyars is cool... so far.
Stop my car from smoking CHEAP?

I am looking for anything that i can pour into my oil or something that will stop my car from smoking no permanently i know. My car smokes HELLLLALALLLAA like so much its crazy. Its not the head. It could be the rings but it smokes like CRAZY!!! and there is so much air being blown out of the valve cover when i take off the oil cap. And the car runs FINE. PERFECT! but smokes SOOOO much.
buyars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:10 AM   #2
wildBill83
CB7tuner Member

wildBill83 seems to have made some friends!
It is the head. Your valve seats are bad. There is no magic oil leak stop liquid you can pour into your oil. Nothing short of rebuild will stop massive smoke in the exhaust.
wildBill83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:17 AM   #3
buyars
Newcomer

buyars is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildBill83 View Post
It is the head. Your valve seats are bad. There is no magic oil leak stop liquid you can pour into your oil. Nothing short of rebuild will stop massive smoke in the exhaust.
Its not the head. I bought a new head and i also rebuilt my old head. All new valves... Seated... fully cleaned and everything lol.
buyars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:36 AM   #4
mtnbikaah
Contributing Member

mtnbikaah is cool... so far.
What color is the smoke, lol.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10
mtnbikaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:43 AM   #5
oyajicool
CB7tuner Member

oyajicool seems to have made some friends!
It could be due to stuck rings. I think you don't want get into the block rebuild.

I doubt if it works, but you could try using MMO to free up the rings.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:45 AM   #6
reklipz
CB7tuner Member

reklipz seems to have made some friends! reklipz seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbikaah View Post
What color is the smoke, lol.
Seconded. At the rate the OP is describing the smoke, it's likely he can just tell us which fluid he's replacing before it's due. OP: Is it coolant or oil?
Old 06-28-2013, 10:10 AM   #7
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
Engine repair does not come in a bottle. Period.

oyajicool's suggest of Marvel Mystery Oil (MMO... use the full name... noobs don't understand these things...) might help if it's a matter of something being stuck, but with a 20+ year old engine, it's unlikely. It's most likely worn out or broken.

Are you actually going to reply to this thread, or are you going to ignore it like you did your other one about an engine swap? Sooner or later, people are going to stop answering your questions if they feel like they're just pissing into the wind.

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:16 AM   #8
wildBill83
CB7tuner Member

wildBill83 seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by buyars View Post
Its not the head. I bought a new head and i also rebuilt my old head. All new valves... Seated... fully cleaned and everything lol.
Then it is your piston rings or you installed the head gasket wrong. What are your compression test numbers? Did you do the work yourself? Did you have the head machined? What was the reason you rebuilt your head?

I assume he is burning oil because in the OP he discusses something to add to the oil.
wildBill83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:26 AM   #9
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
That, or the OP assumes the smoke is oil. If the head gasket isn't installed properly, it could just as easily be coolant. Or coolant and oil combined.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:52 AM   #10
oyajicool
CB7tuner Member

Mal-installation of head gasket does not manifest as excessive blow-by as OP is saying, usually. IMHO.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:04 PM   #11
ferenza
CB7tuner Member

ferenza seems to have made some friends! ferenza seems to have made some friends!
All that blow-by points to rings.
Since you put in a new head with new valves that are sealing perfectly, the gases have no extra way to escape besides through your worn out rings .
You may need a full bottom end rebuild(as stated). Nothing can help that much amount of smoke your decribing.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:48 PM   #12
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

The OP is saying smoke. That smoke has not yet been identified. It could be coolant just as easily as oil. Assuming it is blow-by is jumping the gun. Let's get more info before we start assuming we know what is wrong with his car.

Old 06-28-2013, 01:03 PM   #13
oyajicool
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buyars View Post
------------------ and there is so much air being blown out of the valve cover when i take off the oil cap. ---------------------
Q. What could be the cause of this???????

A. Blow-by.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: