CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > 4th Gen-eral > Off Topic

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-15-2018, 08:54 PM   #21
Crankshaft
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Spring Tx
Posts: 449
Crankshaft is cool... so far.
Send a message via Yahoo to Crankshaft
Quote:
Originally Posted by F22Chris View Post
Nice. You won’t be disappointed
Now Im thinking of getting a 3/8 to take apart everything minor such as pan bolts etc. Only problem now is that it sits so pretty in the box I may not use it Hahahahahaha
__________________
Crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 11:23 PM   #22
Crankshaft
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Spring Tx
Posts: 449
Crankshaft is cool... so far.
Send a message via Yahoo to Crankshaft
I am having a first world problem right now; as i went to pay for a new Milwaukee 3/8 impact to take care of those smaller bolts(10,12,14mm etc) but i notice that i can get the 3/8 as a bare impact(no battery)for $120 or a Dewalt 3/8 impact set(2 batteries, charger and bag) for $130. I am torn between this as i dont need a high torque impact due to having the 1/2 inch one already.
__________________
Crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 10:29 AM   #23
sonikaccord
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: In Traffic
Posts: 4,124
sonikaccord seems to have made some friends!
Which ecosystem do you want to be a part of?

I ask myself this question a lot when it comes to battery powered tools. 3/8 impacts by almost every brand are good for light duty work.
__________________
sonikaccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:03 PM   #24
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,529
CyborgGT is cool... so far.


God I love this guy!
__________________

Project CB9 AeroR start-up: //////////
Slowly but surely... and gunning for that NA list!
CyborgGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:49 PM   #25
Crankshaft
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Spring Tx
Posts: 449
Crankshaft is cool... so far.
Send a message via Yahoo to Crankshaft
That dude is awesome, addictive personality.
__________________
Crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 08:23 PM   #26
Crankshaft
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Spring Tx
Posts: 449
Crankshaft is cool... so far.
Send a message via Yahoo to Crankshaft
And now i am matching!

IMG_20180418_061457 by Jesse Gonzalez, on Flickr
__________________
Crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 07:35 PM   #27
4CYLPOWER92
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: KSJC
Posts: 2,932
4CYLPOWER92 is cool... so far.
A few months ago I got the Dewalt 20volt 1/2 drive. Came with a bag, charger, and two batteries. The thing took off the wheel nuts, crank pulley bolt, and both axle nuts with ease. So awesome
4CYLPOWER92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 09:29 PM   #28
Crankshaft
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Spring Tx
Posts: 449
Crankshaft is cool... so far.
Send a message via Yahoo to Crankshaft
So I used the 1/2 inch impact yesterday to install my trailer hitch back on the truck; without the impact it would have taken me at least 20 minutes but thanks to the impact it was on in less than 5; if anything I just had to keep an eye to not snap the bolts.
__________________
Crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 09:31 PM   #29
Crankshaft
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Spring Tx
Posts: 449
Crankshaft is cool... so far.
Send a message via Yahoo to Crankshaft
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4CYLPOWER92 View Post
A few months ago I got the Dewalt 20volt 1/2 drive. Came with a bag, charger, and two batteries. The thing took off the wheel nuts, crank pulley bolt, and both axle nuts with ease. So awesome
I saw the Dewalt and it was actually my first choice due to their reputation in the power equipment department but then opted for the Milwaukee due to their new lines.
__________________
Crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 11:22 AM   #30
excalibur02
Wanna be JDM whore
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: north new jersey Owns: Turbo cb6 & NA cb7 I'm: NJs 5-lug King ;-0
Posts: 3,853
excalibur02 seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to excalibur02
I like the Milwaukee products. I have their 3/8 electric ratchet I use all the time. I've been wanting to buy their 1/2 impact gun.

Is that mid torque one you guys bought free up the cb crank pulley bolt??
__________________


Instagram username MAURO02

If my pictures do not work and you see ****.com replace it with m1xe.com
excalibur02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 12:44 PM   #31
excalibur02
Wanna be JDM whore
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: north new jersey Owns: Turbo cb6 & NA cb7 I'm: NJs 5-lug King ;-0
Posts: 3,853
excalibur02 seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to excalibur02



He went to the JY and tried it on a BB4 and a cb7 crank pulley..

I might just buy the Mid torque impact gun
__________________


Instagram username MAURO02

If my pictures do not work and you see ****.com replace it with m1xe.com
excalibur02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 04:43 PM   #32
GhostAccord
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: East Coast 506 Canada
Posts: 2,526
GhostAccord seems to have made some friends! GhostAccord seems to have made some friends!
For the price I went with the high tq. Never know what I might be getting into in the future.
__________________
MR Thread
GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr
GhostAccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 06:29 PM   #33
Crankshaft
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Spring Tx
Posts: 449
Crankshaft is cool... so far.
Send a message via Yahoo to Crankshaft
Quote:
Originally Posted by excalibur02 View Post



He went to the JY and tried it on a BB4 and a cb7 crank pulley..

I might just buy the Mid torque impact gun
HD has the Mid torque model for $199 with a small battery and case, interesting thing though is that Milwaukee has this claim when using their new 9.0 battery.

The M18™ REDLITHIUM™ HIGH DEMAND™ 9.0 Battery Pack delivers up to 5X more run-time, 35% more power, and runs 60% cooler than standard 18V lithium-ion batteries. The battery is best optimized for high draw products and sustained run-time applications, and it provides the next, large step towards full corded replacement when paired with the M18 system of solutions. It maintains full power and runs substantially cooler through heavy applications, allowing users to push their cordless tools harder and longer than ever before. The M18™ REDLITHIUM™ HIGH DEMAND™ 9.0 battery is fully compatible with 100+ M18™ tools.

For anyone concidering the Mid torque model, i would definitely get it now since its down from the normal $339. The High torque model is $229 bare and $429 with two 5.0H batteries.
__________________
Crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 08:15 PM   #34
sonikaccord
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: In Traffic
Posts: 4,124
sonikaccord seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankshaft View Post
HD has the Mid torque model for $199 with a small battery and case, interesting thing though is that Milwaukee has this claim when using their new 9.0 battery.

The M18™ REDLITHIUM™ HIGH DEMAND™ 9.0 Battery Pack delivers up to 5X more run-time, 35% more power, and runs 60% cooler than standard 18V lithium-ion batteries. The battery is best optimized for high draw products and sustained run-time applications, and it provides the next, large step towards full corded replacement when paired with the M18 system of solutions. It maintains full power and runs substantially cooler through heavy applications, allowing users to push their cordless tools harder and longer than ever before. The M18™ REDLITHIUM™ HIGH DEMAND™ 9.0 battery is fully compatible with 100+ M18™ tools.

For anyone concidering the Mid torque model, i would definitely get it now since its down from the normal $339. The High torque model is $229 bare and $429 with two 5.0H batteries.
That 9.0 battery is used in their outdoor power equipment models...I've been strongly considering trying them out. I missed out on HD spring black friday sale so I'll have to wait till they go on sale again.
__________________
sonikaccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 08:30 PM   #35
Crankshaft
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Spring Tx
Posts: 449
Crankshaft is cool... so far.
Send a message via Yahoo to Crankshaft
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonikaccord View Post
That 9.0 battery is used in their outdoor power equipment models...I've been strongly considering trying them out. I missed out on HD spring black friday sale so I'll have to wait till they go on sale again.
I see alotof shops using the 9.0 battery on the 1/2 inch impact, like i said the mid torque is on sale now.
__________________
Crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 11:11 AM   #36
Ralphie
Stalker
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Down on the upside
Posts: 5,021
Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed.
All my shit is strictly dewalt.

I had 0 experience with anything when I moved into my first house in 2012. I saw a deal for a dewalt cordless drill with extra battery and LED drop light. Gave it a shot.

Still rocking that DC970 today. Ive beaten the shit out of it. Its 18v and I used it to install anchors in concrete for my shed.

I almost bought a dewalt cordless impact, but I never pulled the trigger. I wanted it to make winter tire swapping easier but I never bought winter wheels lmao.
Ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 07:15 PM   #37
excalibur02
Wanna be JDM whore
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: north new jersey Owns: Turbo cb6 & NA cb7 I'm: NJs 5-lug King ;-0
Posts: 3,853
excalibur02 seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to excalibur02
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostAccord View Post
For the price I went with the high tq. Never know what I might be getting into in the future.
I was up in the air with the mid or high torque. I mostly work on cbs so I figured the mid torque since I can use it under the car for suspension work as well. Lighter and smaller.

We will see ha
__________________


Instagram username MAURO02

If my pictures do not work and you see ****.com replace it with m1xe.com
excalibur02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.