Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Painting my engine and transmission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painting my engine and transmission

Guys what paint can i use for anti heat and were can i buy it i want to go primer or chrome any help , i will be going to home depot after work

Originally posted by Dflores2 View Post
    Guys what paint can i use for anti heat and were can i buy it i want to go primer or chrome any help , i will be going to home depot after work
    http://www.vhtpaint.com/products/engineenamel/

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
      Available at most Autozone stores, probably Advance and O'Reilly's as well. What I want to know is, how do you get an engine or trans (assembled) clean enough to put paint on?
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Wire brush, hose, simple green, rags... Lots of rags. MAYBE engine foam cleaner but I don't see much use for it typically.

Don't forget to cover any holes where you don't want water.

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
          Available at most Autozone stores, probably Advance and O'Reilly's as well. What I want to know is, how do you get an engine or trans (assembled) clean enough to put paint on?

detergent and water, then a solvent like acetone, they carry it pretty much anywhere rattle cans are sold, like at the home depot or lowes

Comment

Originally posted by CB7NWDD View Post
            Wire brush, hose, simple green, rags... Lots of rags. MAYBE engine foam cleaner but I don't see much use for it typically.

Don't forget to cover any holes where you don't want water.
            I have actually found that the walmart brand of engine cleaner actually works really well, and its CHEAP
            For the love of god, STOP putting H.I.D's in stock housings!!! Projectors ONLY!!!

Comment

I was trying to clean/wire brush the aluminum enough to only put a clear coat over it. Might have to resort to paint.
              90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
              08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                I was trying to clean/wire brush the aluminum enough to only put a clear coat over it. Might have to resort to paint.
                http://www.lanescarproducts.com/aluminum-wheel-cleaner/

Comment

... I kinda like that...

Edit... the silver.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                    ... I kinda like that...

Edit... the silver.
                    pretty much how i did my cylinder head. VHT SP127, still looks just as good.

i smoothed some casting lines and cleaned everything in the bathtub with hot water and dawn (head was disassembled) a few cold water rinses, blew it out with air, and wiped it down well with acetone before paint, and 3 good coats, a dusting, medium and heavy coat. pulled off all my masking before it got hard, and then it sat for a couple weeks curing(not necessary was waiting on stuff)

Comment

I haven't ever seen that pic yet.

And Acetone huh? Good to know.

Comment

I haven't ever seen that pic yet.

And Acetone huh? Good to know.
                        oh you should peruse my fb album, yup pretty much my go to solvent its good for weld prep too

Comment

oh you should peruse my fb album, yup pretty much my go to solvent its good for weld prep too
                          I've looked through it several times throughout the past 6 months or so but I must have missed it. I assume it's kinda close to the scub-a-dub-dub pics with the block and head in the bath tub...

Comment

I've looked through it several times throughout the past 6 months or so but I must have missed it. I assume it's kinda close to the scub-a-dub-dub pics with the block and head in the bath tub...
                            naw more towards the end, the block being cleaned to that is like a 2 year gap lol

Comment

If you want the aluminum bare metal look. Like I did. Just clean the crap out of it. I used straight purple power and brake cleaner also used a very small wire brush where it was caked on good. When it was time to preserve the look I just wiped down with with a rag and wd40. Never got dirty and looked great.

my new turbo build

Comment

Working...
                              X