Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Need help on my build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is where im at now.. Waiting for innovative mounts to make me the auto to 5spd conversion trans mount the one that doesnt require me moving and welding the passanger mount housing for the trans. Somehow I got jacked for my coil for the distributor so gotta get a new one. Im thinking of getting that msd cap, rotor, and coil package. Any info on it?[IMG]URL=http://s1164.photobucket.com/user/n_trujillo90/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150523_162440_zpsxbandlhq.jpg.html][/URL][/IMG]

Comment

Heres what she looks like from the outside[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Hey guys i was smokin in my car the other night and i accidently stepped on the clutch and it sank to the floor and didnt return. I have to move it by hand to return it to its original position. When i bled the slave cyl. nothing but grey fluid came out and the resivoir is empty.. which part took a dump now??

Comment

Originally posted by H22/23cb7 View Post
          Hey guys i was smokin in my car the other night and i accidently stepped on the clutch and it sank to the floor and didnt return. I have to move it by hand to return it to its original position. When i bled the slave cyl. nothing but grey fluid came out and the resivoir is empty.. which part took a dump now??
          Grey fluid? car looks nice btw.
          For the love of god, STOP putting H.I.D's in stock housings!!! Projectors ONLY!!!

Comment

Yeah, the bleeder on the slave cylinder bleeds out a light grey/steel color fluid.. And thanks!!

Comment

Well the bad nrws is that innovative wont honor their return/exchange policy due to me bolting the damn mount onto the trans. They didnt want any bolt markings on the mount. So. I was talking with the shop that I ordered the mount kit from, told me that they will cover me on the mount I need since they took down the wrong info. So thank GOD on that one because im tapped on funds with a new addition to my family this july!!! But im still quite a way from the car running. I need to take my radiator to get flowed and pressurized, see whats goofy in my clutch, either resivoir or slave cyl., steel header gasket, down-pipe gasket, nuts for the down-pipe/manifold connection, see what I need to and how to on installing a msd ext coil, dist. Cap, harmonic balancer and belt for a/c, and a hose for the inlet tube on back of motor, any other things I may have missed PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let me know!!! Thanks everyone!!!

Comment

Okay while I was picking up my mount, I was going over ther build with the dude and hes advising me to replace my heater core. Is this something that I must do?

Comment

That is kind of an obscure recommendation when talking about engine builds. How much do you need heat? It would be something to look into if you have the dash removed or it is leaking/not working properly.

It's not something that is made easier because you have the engine out of the bay. There are only two hose clamps on the engine bay side. Everything else is behind the dash. In order to replace the core you have to remove the entire dashboard and center console.

Now if you have the time waiting for your engine and you are looking for something to do, then why not!
                  Last edited by GhostAccord; 06-06-2015, 01:13 PM.
                  MR Thread
                  GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Got it. Btw the motor and trans are already in..

Comment

Ok so i picked up a denso radiator and it has lines at the bottom of the radiator for a oil/trans cooler which i dont have lines for or not plumbed. And the place where i got it from is telling me that i can leave them unplugged and no fluid will leak out. Is this true???

Comment

ATF and coolant don't mix together when both fluids are present, so what fluid would be in there if you don't run ATF?
                        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

You can plug them up. If you plan on running powersteering, you can eliminate the cooler up front and use the trans cooler.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                          JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Well guys, I go to kick over the motor and wasnt starting. Prior to installation, I put the crank and cams tdc. So i move the distributor around a couple hairs, and nothing. My cel doesnt go off, and after maybe the fifth time trying to start it, I began to hear a loud schreeching noise coming from the bellhousing area. I have 2qts of trans fluid in... idk what it could be. Tomorrow im going ro try to drop my axles and trans and see what is what. I drained my trans and no particles. Help please!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

So I attack the trans by removing it from the engine to see any obvious signs of complications concerning the loud schreeching noise and nothing other than when I go to unbolt the pressure plate from flywheel, they werent hella hard to crack. I mean they had force but not balls tight... would that cause the noises??

Comment

Originally posted by H22/23cb7 View Post
                                So I attack the trans by removing it from the engine to see any obvious signs of complications concerning the loud schreeching noise and nothing other than when I go to unbolt the pressure plate from flywheel, they werent hella hard to crack. I mean they had force but not balls tight... would that cause the noises??
                                only thing i could think of is maybe the starter? or a belt

Comment

Working...
                                X