Need help with wheel offset.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with wheel offset.

I'm interested in a set of wheels. They are 16x7 with a 5 offset.

How wide of a tire will I be able to use? 205/215?
    Will I run into rubbing issues?
    Will I need to get my fenders rolled? Paint is original and old, I rather stay away from rolling fenders if I can.

I'm currently dropped on Tiens and was just aligned from Jeff the alignment guy.

This is how my car is now. This is a perspective on how much camber I'm at.

These are the wheels I'm intersted in.

I don't want to spend a lot of money on it then find out that it doesn't work.

If you have pictures of your setup, that'll help and let me know what offset and wheel you are using.

It's very hard to imagine that those wheels are +5 offset. It'd be a good idea to double check on that figure.

As for tire width, 205 or 215 are both solid choices. Generally, 225s and wider are recommended for 7.5"+, although that's not exactly a steadfast rule.

So double check that offset figure. Be warned that as you go lower than 35 offset on a rim 7" or wider, fender rolling becomes more and more likely.

Comment

I'm trying to avoid fender rolling. I'm going to try and test fit it to see how it is. But would like to see other members with this type or similar offset.

Comment

your going to have to roll your fenders no mater what with that size and offset just saying what kinda rims are those btw?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Originally posted by d112crzy
        I quit jobs as much as I swap engines.

Comment

Originally posted by hondaacc91 View Post
          your going to have to roll your fenders no mater what with that size and offset just saying what kinda rims are those btw?
          They are just some stock wheels from another car. But I'm going to pass on them since the wheel offset is too aggressive for my likeing.

Comment

Depending on what kind of negitive camber you want to run(and how deep your pockets are for tires) you could run those no problem with some 195/55's. Only thing is without rolling the fenders your car will have to sit like this /-\ all the time.
            Call me Travis.
            2006 Cobalt LS/SC ~ "Burt the Bloody Bumble Bee"
            1992 Accord LX ~ "Smoothie"
            1991 CRX Si ~ Hellion
            1989 GMC S15 ~ Oldie

Comment

Originally posted by jimy View Post
              I'm trying to avoid fender rolling. I'm going to try and test fit it to see how it is. But would like to see other members with this type or similar offset.

that stamp in the first pix is your offset. ET45. so its a 16x7 +45 offset. you wont need to roller your fenders. you can run 215/45, 215/40, 205/45, 205/40 series tires.

i like the 215/45 or 205/45.
              MR:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150506

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

Actually looks as though its ET 4.5.

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

Originally posted by 90ACCORDLXGUY View Post
                  Actually looks as though its ET 4.5.
                  odd size, but i think you are correct. 2 3/4 lip on a 16x7 so yeah!
                  MR:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150506

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

I'm passing up on the wheels. They're just too low of an offset for me.

Comment

With the drop you have now you wo't have to worry about rubbing.

Slamage is worth the Damage

Originally posted by crazymikey
                      "Yes, we did officer. By the way, your eyes look a little glazed, did you just come from the donut shop?"

Comment

but with aggressive offsets, it'll look funny.

Comment

Originally posted by jimy View Post
                          but with aggressive offsets, it'll look funny.
                          only if i've seen this earlier.. with the stance you got, you'll rub.
                          Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
                          -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

a 16x7 +5 shouldn't be that bad. barely more aggressive than a 16x8 +15

the extra inch on the 8 is worth 25.4mm.

the 7" rim is gonna me about 178mm wide. a 185 isn't even stretching much.

and the 7" rim is gonna be offset like with 84mm on the outside of the mounting point and 94 on the inside.

my setup was 16x8 +15.

thats about 203mm overall with ~116mm on the inside and 86 on the outside.
                            with 2 more mm out than yours, i only rubbed with 205/50's. not at all with 195/45's or 205/45's. and im sure i m much lower than you are.

with natural camber from your drop and a ROLL (thats bending the inside of your fender lip flush with the inside) you won't have any problems. i would run a 185 or 195/50 and call it a day.

trust me. once you get into an aggressive offset, you won't want to go to anything else. i have a 15x8 -30 on the rear of my 240. the stance im going for is gonna be a 17 or 18 by 10 or 11 front and 12 rear with a minimum of +5 offset on it later. its more addicting than boost.

Comment

@flatline, I was wondering when you were going to hop on my thread. I was just going to pm you but didn't want to bother you. If you wanted to share your info on wheel offset you would hop on and let me know.

Thanks for the info, but I think the wheels are long gone now.

Comment

Working...
                              X