Bazooka 10 inch or box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bazooka 10 inch or box

so i had 2 bazooka 8 inch subs that i blew up. i thought they were 10 inch but turn out they were not so BOOM. fried. i hooked up 2 cheap DUAL 10 inch subs each in their own ported box. all to the same 500w RMS amp. and they suck.

so for chest pounding bass is 2 10inch bazooka tubes my best option? with my current amp i would be running each sub at 250w RMS

im looking to keep the cost down which is one reason why i havent gone up to 12 inch.
    visit vgruk

have you considered a bandpass enclosure? I have a single antique 10" Fosgate and its just as good as my 12" in a slot port, its getting 400watts rms which is way over powered but the enclosure supports it enough to handle it.

ie: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2BV10-DU...item2357062d3c

just find one thats near your speakers specs for a sealed box.

Comment

What type of music are you listening to? This truly makes a difference.

My 10 inch sub in a bandpass box is a very loud set up (450 watt RMS), but it for certain type of music (rap/hip hop) it doesn't hit as hard as my 12" sub in a enclosed box (not ported) did when I had it. However, my 10 is a lot better for almost every other type of music that I listen to.

You have to build your system for the music that it plays.

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
        have you considered a bandpass enclosure? I have a single antique 10" Fosgate and its just as good as my 12" in a slot port, its getting 400watts rms which is way over powered but the enclosure supports it enough to handle it.

ie: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2BV10-DU...item2357062d3c

just find one thats near your speakers specs for a sealed box.
        no i never did consider one. i will look into it!

Originally posted by oni_cb7 View Post
        What type of music are you listening to? This truly makes a difference.

My 10 inch sub in a bandpass box is a very loud set up (450 watt RMS), but it for certain type of music (rap/hip hop) it doesn't hit as hard as my 12" sub in a enclosed box (not ported) did when I had it. However, my 10 is a lot better for almost every other type of music that I listen to.

You have to build your system for the music that it plays.
        i actually found an MTX audio dual 12 setup that i may go with. the reviews are almost all positive
        visit vgruk

Comment

Working...
        X