Whats this car worth? (its a honda)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats this car worth? (its a honda)

Hey guys. Im trying to figure out how much I should expect to get for this car, like whats a fair price to sell it at. Im doing it as a favor for my girlfriends mom. Thing is, I have yet to find one comparable to the condition this one is in. Most of them are in better shape, and are going in the $5000 range. Its been sitting for 2 years, but I put a battery in it and she fired right up! Basically im going to be selling this car for her, and want to get the most out of it as possible. THIS IS NOT A FOR SALE THREAD! lol

Heres the info:
    2002 Crv
    K24 engine!!
    Realtime 4wd
    1 owner
    Runs + drives (engine and trans both very good)
    Body is in great shape
    Interior is good, just needs a cleaning
    Clean carfax, no accidents

The not so good info:
    Brakes are absolutely shot, car isnt driveable the way it is
    Tires are round and hold air and have tread, but not perfect
    Check engine for 02 sensor
    Needs a windshield
    310,000 miles (all highway, but still alot)
    battery light is on, alternator needs a new regulator, but still works

Sorry the pics suck, they were taken at dusk. It is dirty, but I will give it a good spit shine (wash/wax, detail inside, paint wheels, etc) before I take the pics for the listing!

Last edited by Theos92VR4; 01-24-2015, 12:02 AM.

That's a K24A engine.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I'd say 2 grand at most
      " Insert funny quote here "

Comment

Originally posted by spiderpig View Post
        I'd say 2 grand at most
        That is very optimistic considering it is not drivable in the current condition. I would only pay $1000-$1500 because I have to deal with getting it to my place and diagnosing and sourcing the parts for the brakes. 300K miles, highway or not, is not helping your case.

Fix the brakes, maybe $2500.
        Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

$1500 max. And even if you wanted $2000, let's subtract $300 for a windshield, $200 for the brakes that need fixing, and $100 for all the other little things. I also see snow which = rust. Sitting for 2 years = dry rot and a whole other bunch of issues too.

Comment

I agree $1500 is fair still, $2000 is still very average price for a working suv ish vehicle in northeast where vehicle is located, any rust it has better be found pre purchase and if not rusty and still has good compression in engine and stuff $2000 could be asked and gotten

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
              That's a K24A engine.
              Shit i did not know that. Thats awesome

I'd say 2 grand at most
              I was thinking around $2000, thats what I would ultimately like her to get for it. She was just going to junk it until i told her to see if we could get it running.
              Originally posted by XCRN View Post
              That is very optimistic considering it is not drivable in the current condition. I would only pay $1000-$1500 because I have to deal with getting it to my place and diagnosing and sourcing the parts for the brakes. 300K miles, highway or not, is not helping your case.

Fix the brakes, maybe $2500.
              Im probably going to leave it up to the buyer to fix all this stuff. I dont think she would see the point in putting money into something that they are just going to re sell

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
              $1500 max. And even if you wanted $2000, let's subtract $300 for a windshield, $200 for the brakes that need fixing, and $100 for all the other little things. I also see snow which = rust. Sitting for 2 years = dry rot and a whole other bunch of issues too.
              Surprisingly this car is 99% rust free, none on the body and none underneath. Interior and engine are both in really good shape.

I agree $1500 is fair still, $2000 is still very average price for a working suv ish vehicle in northeast where vehicle is located, any rust it has better be found pre purchase and if not rusty and still has good compression in engine and stuff $2000 could be asked and gotten
              I forgot to add too, this is the realtime 4wd model, not a front wheel drive crv

Comment

Hell yeah northeast prices on 4wd or AWD vehicles is CRAZY as I'm sure it is elsewhere with bad weather but we deal with rust, flooding, theft, wrecks, etc all the time a clean carfax 99% rust free working 4wd with good engine tranny worth every cent of $2000

Comment

Hell yeah northeast prices on 4wd or AWD vehicles is CRAZY as I'm sure it is elsewhere with bad weather but we deal with rust, flooding, theft, wrecks, etc all the time a clean carfax 99% rust free working 4wd with good engine tranny worth every cent of $2000
                  yeah i sold my 99 explorer for $1500 in october. Even had a slipping trans and over 200k miles, person didnt care, just wanted 4wd.

Ill probably clean it up and throw it up for $2000 and see what kinda offers i get.

Comment

That interior could use some detailing

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                      That interior could use some detailing
                      yeah the interior is absolutely filthy. It was completely filled with trash and tools, took us about an hour to clean. Luckily i used to have a mobile detailing company so I have all the stuff to clean it up nice

Comment

About $1200. 310,000 miles is 310,000 miles. It will have to be towed. Windshield will cost anywhere from $150-$300 installed. Needs and alternator. Needs tires soon. Need brakes. Someone will have to buy it and put about what they will pay for it right off the bat. And then what's a persons labor worth. So that has to be factored in.

Not a bad vehicle, just used a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                          About $1200. 310,000 miles is 310,000 miles. It will have to be towed. Windshield will cost anywhere from $150-$300 installed. Needs and alternator. Needs tires soon. Need brakes. Someone will have to buy it and put about what they will pay for it right off the bat. And then what's a persons labor worth. So that has to be factored in.

Not a bad vehicle, just used a bit.
                          She was planning on scrapping it (which would have netted her around $300) so i think she would be happy with that. Ill probably clean it up and throw it up for like $1999, see what someone offers

Comment

Originally posted by Theos92VR4 View Post
                            She was planning on scrapping it (which would have netted her around $300) so i think she would be happy with that. Ill probably clean it up and throw it up for like $1999, see what someone offers
                            Sounds like a plan. During tax season affordable cars get scarce. That should help you out a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                              Sounds like a plan. During tax season affordable cars get scarce. That should help you out a bit.
                              Definitely! I want it for the k24 lol. but having 4 vehicles now kinda has me maxxed out of space lol

Comment

Working...
                              X