Anyone know anything about Sentras?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know anything about Sentras?

I just found out that atleast my transmission is a California part after having to replace the starter with a California one and was looking to see what the differences are between federal and California vehicles to determine if it's just the transmission or if the entire car came from that liberal cesspool. Thanks.
    1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
    1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
    1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
    1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

You would either have to reference the VIN or the ECU part number to find out the whole story. Nissan made huge strides in pursuit of ULEV qualifications during the 90's and into the 00's. I wouldn't be surprised if they went out of their way to build a different transmission specifically for the California market.

With that being the case, you may consider a transmission and ECU swap to non-CA compliant parts in the future.

I thought it sucked that Honda has California specific ECU's, but I guess I should be thankful that they weren't crazy enough to build entirely unique transmissions.
    1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

http://www.allsentra.com/viewforum.php?f=94

Probably the Sentra forums know about B13's. Another option is call Nissan, and give them your VIN.

Comment

Originally posted by apalileo View Post
        You would either have to reference the VIN or the ECU part number to find out the whole story. Nissan made huge strides in pursuit of ULEV qualifications during the 90's and into the 00's. I wouldn't be surprised if they went out of their way to build a different transmission specifically for the California market.

With that being the case, you may consider a transmission and ECU swap to non-CA compliant parts in the future.

I thought it sucked that Honda has California specific ECU's, but I guess I should be thankful that they weren't crazy enough to build entirely unique transmissions.
        Thank you, yea, different starter for the Cali than the Federal cars have, it's shorter. Thanks for your reply. That may not be possible as it's my only vehicle but thank you.

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
        http://www.allsentra.com/viewforum.php?f=94

Probably the Sentra forums know about B13's. Another option is call Nissan, and give them your VIN.
        Yea, I am already on allsentra but thank you. This is my car thread over there.
        http://www.allsentra.com/viewtopic.p...a75e03c02555c8

The generation of my car seems to be the forgotten one, nobody posts about it.
        1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
        1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
        1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
        1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

Working...
        X