Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

new exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how much you get it for, I am thinking of buying one myself

Originally posted by visualpoet
    some owners think it's the best thing since titties

Comment

around 130 shipped

Comment

Originally posted by highendurance92 View Post
        damn not what i wanted at all
        Most "cheaper" can style exhausts are obnoxious loud and/or don't sound good at all. You could make it sound more "tolerable" with a few different mods to the piping before you put it on, such as a resonator.

I recommend you buy an OBX oval style muffler or something and cut the can off and replace it with a nicer oval muffler. It'd sound a lot better, and probably be a little quieter.
        R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

well if it makes u feel any better most things dont bolt up just right hahaha regardless of were u buy it

Comment

isnt this the resonator

i might be wrong cause i really dont know alot yet

Comment

isnt this the resonator

i might be wrong cause i really dont know alot yet
              that a test pipe in place of a cat. converter...
              look through it and there is no honeycomb center
              bad for emmisions

Comment

does the honeycomb look like a filter cause if it does than it has that on the inside of said resonator or whatever it ends up being
                Last edited by highendurance92; 12-26-2009, 11:40 PM.

Comment

u can take a measuring tape and just measure the length...

if its after the cat then its a resonator,
                  if its length goes to the down/flex pipe then its a test pipe
                  but u know what i mean

Comment

Originally posted by 4thgentuner View Post
                    that a test pipe in place of a cat. converter...
                    look through it and there is no honeycomb center
                    bad for emmisions
                    That looks to me like the test pipe. You may even want to put more than one resonator on the exhaust in order to keep the noise less loud and raspy.

As for emissions, he doesn't have to worry about that because we don't have it here in MI.

Comment

u bought the same systemm i got, i put a new header on when i got mine but yes it bolted up very well, u have to move the two hooks in the middle to get the rubber peices to line up. takes 5 mins to cut them off and reweld them. yes this is loud but from the outside of the car.dont get me wrong u can hear it inside the car but only on fast accerations. if u take it easy its not bad at all, but i like treating mine like my little race car\, so its pretty loud. take the silencer out i think it sounds better plus only takes 5 mins. to put back in if u sont like it. u STILL need your cat and make sure u tighten the bolts so it dosent leak. i did mine on a car lift so it was super easy. i love living on a army base!!

Comment

Buy maybe 2 resonators, incorporate them into your piping somewhere after the cat, buy a test pipe to replace the cat, get a nice header like megan racing, take your silencer out because they look silly, and call it good.

Comment

im putting my exhaust on tomorow my dad talked to one of his buddys into letting me use his lift. hopefully none of the bolts are rusted to bad

Comment

im pumped cause i got a new exhaust for chritmas i dont have a header yet so im waiting to put it on till then but my question is if they dont bolt up how much can you bend the exhaust and are their different flex pipes so i can get them to work together
                            there is no rebending , why dont u jus wait an do it once all at the same time
                            think about dc sport header an downpipe

Comment

Working...
                            X