Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

First CB7, new here. Hello from VT!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 802cb7 View Post
    If I get this, what is involved in installation?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Accord...-/320900473191
    Eh, it's not too bad.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194490
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by preludeNinja View Post
      Just looked through this thread! This car is so clean! You really can tell you put your heart into keeping it nice. Props man.

Thanks man, I try really hard to keep it clean. I've also have worked as a detailer for 13 years, so that helps. Now that I've found a new/WAY BETTER paying job, hopefully I can start to get some mods done. Thanks for looking.

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
      Thank you. Way more than I want to do, right now anyway. Maybe I'll do it when I run out of things to do to this car lol.
      Last edited by Jarrett; 06-04-2015, 12:01 AM.
      For the love of god, STOP putting H.I.D's in stock housings!!! Projectors ONLY!!!

Comment

Ok guys, I need your help! So I want to start dressing up my engine bay, get a aftermarket wheel, etc... My issue is I cant decide what color goes well with urban brown interior, and the brown exterior. I want to order stuff tomorrow so lets figure this out! lol I was thinking about just going with either Neo chrome , or the gold color. But maybe another color would look better? I want to get the fender dress up kit, and wish they made them in like metallic brown or something.
        For the love of god, STOP putting H.I.D's in stock housings!!! Projectors ONLY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 802cb7 View Post
          Ok guys, I need your help! So I want to start dressing up my engine bay, get a aftermarket wheel, etc... My issue is I cant decide what color goes well with urban brown interior, and the brown exterior. I want to order stuff tomorrow so lets figure this out! lol I was thinking about just going with either Neo chrome , or the gold color. But maybe another color would look better? I want to get the fender dress up kit, and wish they made them in like metallic brown or something.
          You could go with a bronze look! I love bronze anything haha plus it looks great with brown.

Comment

You could go with a bronze look! I love bronze anything haha plus it looks great with brown.
            Thanks, pretty much what I was thinking.

Comment

Did a few things over the weekend. Not a huge fan of fart cans, but its actually not that bad. Not very loud, no bee's in a can sound, and pretty decent quality and I cant complain about the price! $45.00 only 2 months old. SS, 2.5" cat back. I will be replacing the muffler at some point just because I really cant stand the cans. I want a nice DT muffler in black . I also took care of the faded rear speaker covers, got the arm rest all apart, cleaned, and painted. The top piece of arm rest is at the shop getting new foam, and covered in tobacco brown leather. My fog light brackets are also there getting bead blasted and painted with por-15, and should be done this week. Replacing screws on the fog's since I hate rusty hardware and getting ready to put the 3m kit to them. I really cant believe the condition of these fogs, so nice and were so cheap. No rust inside the housings, and even still adjustable! Got the fogs, B-Harness, and brackets for like $40 I think? I will be picking up some new 6x9's for the rear since the factory ones are gone and crap after 25+ years. Anyway, some pictures.

Before

After

Before

After

With Paint

All done, Just waiting on the top piece. I'll obviously post a pic when thats done and its in the car.

Fogs getting cleaned, 3M kit will make the lenses look like new, and new screws etc SUCH good condition! I'll post pics when the brackets are done.

The exhaust:

Fart can soon to be gone!

Comment

Very nice work! Cannot state enough how much good a little elbow grease does for a ride.

Comment

Very nice work! Cannot state enough how much good a little elbow grease does for a ride.
                  Thank you.

Comment

Fog light brackets are done and look awesome!!! My buddy bead blasted them and painted them in this stuff they use at his shop. Its similar to por-15 I was told. I also finally lowered the car, that was super easy until the very last strut. Passenger side rear lower shock mount was a BITCH!!!! But, we got it out and put a new one in. Been driving it for a week now and everything has settled and seems to be ok. I also began work on the 9293 bumper. Just waiting now on a dremel kit and I can finish that up. Cant wait, I hate driving around with the wrong bumper on, nothing lines up like it should, could be worse lol. So yeah, I expect to have the new bumper on with in the next two weeks. Have to wait for paint to dry and all that jazz. Wet sand after paint blah blah blah. Ok, here are some pictures

Fog lights will be getting covered in yellow laminex and fitted with yellow HID's. My current set that are on the car 9091 will be for sale when I'm done.
                    Also, I'm toying with the idea of painting the black moldings on the car the same color as my car. having no black to break things up. What do you guys think?

Comment

I always used a hacksaw to cut the fog openings out. Works quite well. Power tools just make it easier to make a mistake.
                      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                        I always used a hacksaw to cut the fog openings out. Works quite well. Power tools just make it easier to make a mistake.
                        That could work I suppose. Or even a sharp drill. Anyone have any thoughts on painting the bumper and not masking off the black moulding?

Comment

cut out the fog opening today on the new bumper. Eh, is there supposed to be like a half inch gap around the opening? I was extremely careful and followed to lines, so don't know whats up with that. I also painted it. The out come was not very good lol, but it was a learning experience and I know what I need to do now to make it perfect. I also did decide to paint the the black moulding. I'm really just more concerned about the gap around the fog lights.

Comment

There's a slight gap, but I wouldn't say it's a half-inch. Always cut inside a line. You can always take more material off, but it's much more difficult to add it back.
                            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                              There's a slight gap, but I wouldn't say it's a half-inch. Always cut inside a line. You can always take more material off, but it's much more difficult to add it back.
                              I figured it out, its for the little guard piece that goes around it. Bumper is all primed and fixed now. Looks awesome!!! Just need to paint it. I also had to buy a new distributor since mine randomly died. But eh, whatever 229k on the original is pretty good lol. My buddy finally finished the top part of the armrest for me and it looks awesome!!! His shop does such good work. its not "urban brown" its tobacco brown leather. I cant complain since it was free and the material used is top quality , (leftovers from some project they were doing).
                              It works well with the interior. Now to just put it on the rest of the armrest and install it. Does anyone know if the holes are already pre drilled for it or do I need to drill and tap ? Is there a write up maybe?

Ok, and figured I may as well say it. But I'm really considering selling my car. I actually have it on CL right now for $1,700. Is that too cheap for the amount of work I've done, the condition, and all the shit that would go with it? I know its not a show car, and I'm not rock'in BBS-Rs 3 piece wheels etc, and I dont have some insane paint job. But I dont want to give the car way. Your thoughts?

Comment

Honestly, the type of market this car attracts is looking to pay the least amount possible. If you put $1000 as the price for this car, these rats will try to get you down to $700. If you ask for $2000, they'll try to get you down to $1400. I'd say the best way to attract a good buyer is to take the best pictures of the car you possibly can. Not pictures that are in cool angled poses with low lighting. Not pictures looking at the front of the car with the headlights on. Just good pictures like a used car dealer would. Hopefully with an SLR camera. Then, be descriptive about all of the stuff it has and when certain things were replaced. Don't harp too much on the aftermarket parts. You seem pretty level-headed so I wouldn't expect some of the crap I see on Craigslist most of the time from you.

Comment

Working...
                                X