Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

New Guy Just Bought 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Guy Just Bought 1993 Accord EX

Hello and God Bless you guys. Just picked up this 1993 accord off a guy on craigslist, he was asking for 1500, but the car kept shutting off every time you would stop. So long story short got it for 1100.

Looks clean. That wheel gap is huge tho.
    10th Anniversary Accord.
    05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

Looks like a good place to start. Did you figure out why it was shutting off?

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
      I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

Its crazy how big the gap is and I lifted the car and everything looks untouched on the suspension. No I haven't found out why it shuts off but I did find out that as long as I have more than half a tank of gas it wont shut off. It starts happening after it gets to half a tank of gas and the les it has the worse it gets.

Comment

Dam that body is minty.
          **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
          Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
          Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Congrats, I just bought 2 90 Lx's

Comment

fyi, your outer tail light gaskets are bad. That's why it looks moldy in there. Replace those and your lights won't fill with water everytime it rains.

Also the random shutting off could be either the ignition switch or the igniter unit inside the distributor. Does your tachometer jump right before it does it?

member's ride thread
              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
              91 Accord SE 176k
              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Wow wish we had clean accords here in mn!

Comment

Beautiful Accord! Welcome to CB7Tuner!

Comment

Nice car man looks good. Is that your CRST truck in the back ground?

Comment

Thanks guys. The car looks better now that i did a couple of little upgrades. Carbon vinyl wrap on hood, semi smoked tail lights, lowered it, clear corner lights and stained the high beam side of the headlights. I will posts pics tomorrow.

Comment

In response to your question, no the CRST truck is not mine but my neighbors. I also found out why the car shuts off at half tank. The fuel pump strainer was aftermarket and too short to catch the fuel off the return line. The return line is what keeps the strainer wet with gas when you brake. So $14 strainer and problem gone.

Comment

nice my man im angry grrrrrrrrrrr!! ahahhaj=p man no rust where it at great place to start same as mine well color
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          This thread is over a year old, you fucking retard.
                          i dont know why this popped up but U MAD BRO? not my fault u is FAKE! CLOWN ASS

Comment

you have a good start with this, i always wondered how those sentra wheels would look on CB's.

Originally posted by Digitalpop View Post
                            No I haven't found out why it shuts off but I did find out that as long as I have more than half a tank of gas it wont shut off. It starts happening after it gets to half a tank of gas and the les it has the worse it gets.
                            it sounds like maybe you fuel pump, but thats just a guess since it only does it with half a tank of gas
                            FRIENDS
                            DONT LET
                            FRIENDS
                            ROLL ON
                            ROTA'S

Comment

Hey guy here are the pics as promised sorry for the wait, i was busy swapping rims with coworker and installing some Isuzu Trooper fog light I got for free.

Comment

Working...
                              X