hiptech: 2000 Accord EX V6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hiptech: 2000 Accord EX V6

Not much to say here... mild restoration last year and mostly stock. I think many people aren't big fans of these 6th Gen Accords mostly due to all the cost cutting. Somewhere in my home I have a Newsweek article discussing the then new for '98 Accord and how Honda went about reducing costs for it's latest platform... and the results weren't too good. The only surprising extravagance Honda made was the ski pass through in the rear seat. Not sure what other gens had it but it seems out of character considering how cost conscious they were making these. But in the end it still rises to the top as a Honda with decent ride, handling and features especially in this top of the line version. Though I suspect no one will be lining up to buy one over a CB7.

That said I bought this car for my dad which turned out to be his last new car and so I keep it mostly for sentimental reasons. It is my wife's daily driver replacing the 93SE which worked out well. If you keep up with the maintenance its fairly reliable though I admit there have been a number or expensive repairs like rear main seal which now has begun to weep again and power steering pump seepage so off it goes to the my trusty Indy Honda mechanic...

BTW I just had the SRS light on and immediately knew it was the same issue I had with the 93SE... driver's seat belt buckle needing replacement. Honda not only had the buckle in stock which was a surprise but took care of it under their lifetime passive restraint warranty - free.

Anyway wearing 65 series tires on 15 inch rims it looks like it has balloon tires but rides quite smoothly. Interesting is the V6 power output of 200HP which is the same as the TSX with the 4 banger but in the Accord it doesn't require Premium fuel. Guess that's progress... oh yeah, I don't think gold is making any comebacks anytime soon

Last edited by hiptech; 05-19-2018, 12:20 AM.
    My Collection:
    93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
    00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
    04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Another beauty! I have 65 series tires on 15 inch wheels as well (small compensation for the Prelude transmission).
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
      Another beauty! I have 65 series tires on 15 inch wheels as well (small compensation for the Prelude transmission).
      Seems so truckish compared with the new norm of ultra low profile 40 series these days - at least replacements are more affordable. Just hope these sizes won't get discontinued soon...
      My Collection:
      93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
      00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
      04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

I've got 3/4 set of 16" CL wheels with the 4 bolt pattern and a full set of 16" Prelude blades if I decide to go 5 bolt.
        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
        X