Injector Dead Times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Injector Dead Times

Hey guys so I was surfing the web for information about Injector Dead Tmes. I came across this website that listed a wide range of different vehicle Injector Dead Times.

http://injector-rehab.com/shop/lag.html

The list actually has Honda Preludes on it BUT...it lists "Honda Prelude 92-96 VTEC" with 330cc Injectors.

Over a bunch of threads on here I saw people saying the 93-95 H22's stock injectors were 345cc?

Why are there so many different ratings? I was pretty sure they are 345cc for the 93-95 USDM H22s?

Can anyone confirm 100% what they actually are?
    Keep Pushing..

I found someone stating this information on Hondy-Tech:

Old 10-27-2014, 08:42 AM #23
    JRCivic1
    Honda-Tech Member
    -------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------
    Default Re: JDM H22A injector size

I am not aware of the injector size being stated anywhere in the factory service manual. I own both a '95 and a '97 Prelude service manual... both are Helms Inc. factory service manuals. I looked in the specifications/service limits and the fuel system/injector sections and found nothing about flow rates. If you know where to find the information within the service manual, please share. I have quoted a size based off of tested data from RC Engineering, TWM and default menus within engine management systems when selecting injector types.

This thread seems to be nit-picking the size by 10-15cc +/- without stating a tested pressure as I did. The pressure matters, because if the operating pressure is lower than that in which the injector was tested/rated at, the flow will be LOWER. Conversely, if you run the injector at a higher pressure than it was tested/rated at, the flow will be HIGHER.

Let's use the 330cc injector at 43 psi as an example. The factory service manual states that the stock fuel pressure regulator has an operational range of between 33 and 40 psi of fuel pressure.

330cc @ 33psi fuel pressure = 287cc
    330cc @ 40psi fuel pressure = 316cc

So, this means that the factory service manual is stating that an injector size of roughly 290cc to 315cc would work just fine in a H22A1 engine... assuming the fuel pressure was kept @ 40psi.

Fuel mapping by the stock ECU will be another matter when we consider the differences between peak-and-hold injectors and saturated injectors... in addition to ohm resistance. This is another discussion all together.
    Keep Pushing..

Comment

Well, this past weekend I went into Hondata & changed the injector size to 330
      & entered in the dead times from inecjtor-rehab.com.

This really made a positive impact on the feel of the car. I can actually feel that
      the throttle response is way better than before with the injectors setting at 345cc.

The one thing I did notice that was strange is that when I was inputting the
      voltage numbers in Hondata some numbers would not set correctly. For example, when I put in "11.00"
      volts Hondata automatically changed it to "10.95". Very strange that it would do that.
      I have to double check but, I remember that "14.00" & "15.00" went in correctly without it changing.
      Maybe I will ask that on the Hondata Forum.
      Keep Pushing..

Comment

Working...
      X