Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

head build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N/A or "real motor" is the only way to go ..... I bought most of my internal block parts from Race Engineering & my head parts from KMS. Do some price/brand comparison shopping. That's what I did and I was able to get better prices on my parts.
    MR Thread
    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

yeah i was lookin into kms also, i found a complete kms valvetrain package for 500. included +1mm. valves, dual action springs, titanium retainers, valve guide seals, and a block guard. but not sure where the block guard comes into play. also i wonder if the block guard would work considering i have an f22b, which is basically an h23 top end and f22 bottom end. also u know of any good sites to look into for valvetrain? i googled it and u gotta weed thru so shit its ridiculous

Comment

I say Toss/sell the block guard or ask them to remove it from the package. I still have mine collecting dust. I bought flanged sleeves after I bought my head kit and haven't got around to trying to sell it yet.

The F22A & B / H22 & H23 all have the same exterior cooling passage dimensions. Therefore I'm pretty sure it's a one size fits all block guard. The one I have has H22 engraved into it.... If your going to get one make sure you have it set down inside the block 1/4" and welded in. You have to have the block honed with a tq plate after you install one of these as well.
        MR Thread
        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
          Looks like I'll be contacting you when the time comes then. The hardest problem for me is finding a somewhat local quality machine shop experienced with Honda engines.

One of the expenses for me that isn't completely necessary will be the AEM pencil coil conversion. I want the adjustability, reliability, and under-hood simplisity of COP and it'll let me put alot of miles on the 230whp block safer than the dizzy setup will, imo.
          on a f22 with only 200hp the pencil coil conversion is a big waste of money even if you do want the adjustability, that adjustability may net you 3-4hp over a distributor setup. not worth the hundreds of dollars IMO

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
          member ride thread
          11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
          DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
          People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
          I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
          John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

AEM EMS - $1800 (or you could go used - still $1000+)
            AEM CDI COP - $250/set of 4
            AEM EPM - $300
            Total - $2350 for an ignition.... Yeah I'll get right on that! Unless you have more money than brains or you are hitting the 400whp @ over 9000 rpm. It's a huge waste of money for a DD or even a street strip motor IMO. Or if your all about the show.

Show me a way that I can get CDI COP to work with a chipped ECU and I'll be all over the idea like a fat kid on smarties. Until then I'll stick with my clunky but reliable distributor.
            Last edited by GhostAccord; 02-09-2010, 01:52 PM.
            MR Thread
            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by sohc em View Post
              yeah i was lookin into kms also, i found a complete kms valvetrain package for 500. included +1mm. valves, dual action springs, titanium retainers, valve guide seals, and a block guard. but not sure where the block guard comes into play. also i wonder if the block guard would work considering i have an f22b, which is basically an h23 top end and f22 bottom end. also u know of any good sites to look into for valvetrain? i googled it and u gotta weed thru so shit its ridiculous
              try supertech, KMS is alright and apparently thier customer service is a little out of tune.

if you dont want the blockguard, throw it my way

id be a little hesistant on the oversized valves. it may hurt velocity especially if you dont have boost pushing it through.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post

Show me a way that I can get CDI COP to work with a chipped ECU and I'll be all over the idea like a fat kid on smarties. Until then I'll stick with my clunky but reliable distributor.
                here, found that on honda-t a while ago not much has been said about it though.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                member ride thread
                11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

AEM EMS - $1800 (or you could go used - still $1000+)
                  AEM CDI COP - $250/set of 4
                  AEM EPM - $300
                  Total - $2350 for an ignition.... Yeah I'll get right on that! Unless you have more money than brains or you are hitting the 400whp @ over 9000 rpm. It's a huge waste of money for a DD or even a street strip motor IMO. Or if your all about the show.

www.850fab.com
                  IG - @850Fab
                  FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

N/A or "real motor" is the only way to go ..... I bought most of my internal block parts from Race Engineering & my head parts from KMS. Do some price/brand comparison shopping. That's what I did and I was able to get better prices on my parts.

how is the KMS valvetrain, ive read its always hit or miss on there stuff. i have there egr block off, since i got it for 12 shipped.

raceeng is nice cuz they always have deals if you buy in sets/bulk, ie: rod/piston combo. and then sometimes they have sales anyways.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
                    So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

I haven't run my KMS stuff yet. I measured everything including spring seat pressure and bind height and it all specs out.
                      MR Thread
                      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

ill have to check ur build thread, i think the last one i ever read was an f22bx with itb's. thanks for the info, cant really beat 499 or whatever there deal is for springs, retainers, and valves. just always read the hit/miss stories about there stuff being crap, or there valves wearing and such. thanks man.

**EDIT** read ur thread/build page, makes me wish i followed through on my itb setup and did some research, i had some repsol 1000 itbs at one point.
                        Last edited by bagoon316; 02-09-2010, 11:16 PM.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
                        So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
                          here, found that on honda-t a while ago not much has been said about it though.
                          Actually now that you posted that I remember seeing that back in 08 as well. Never heard anything more from it ether. I remember looking into doing it myself and then just gave up because it's more work than it's worth to me right now.
                          MR Thread
                          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                          X