Keep it, or move on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep it, or move on

Good day everyone. My 91 EX is about to turn 250k miles, still runs pretty good, looks good with no rust, but I'm just not sure if I want to continue with it. It's my daily driver and everything works on it (including cruise and a/c), but it needs a compressor now, tires soon, uses about 1.5 quarts of oil between changes, and has a bunch of squeaks and rattles.

I've completely redone all the suspension parts; springs, struts, bushings
    I've completely redone the front brakes; ROH conversion, new lines and pads
    I changed the timing belt, balance belt, water pump, all the engine seals, plugs, etc. a while ago, but I still have a vibration at idle.

For a replacement, I thought about these:
    2009-2011 civic
    2012+ Ford focus
    2008+ Mazda3

I don't know if I'm bored with it, or just tired of it using oil, the squeaks and rattles, and I personally think weak a/c (even though it's been checked is blows as it should). I really really really don't want a car payment with higher insurance coverage, but I really don't know.

The issue though; nothing newer sold today really inspires me like the cb7 did.

avoid the ford focus. trust me.
    COUPE K24

Comment

Keep the CB7. If it still runs well and is reliable, there isn't really any point in replacing it. I wish I would have kept mine...
      Originally posted by sweet91accord
      if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Avoid both Fords.

Comment

Just avoid ford

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
          It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Ill take keep it AND move on for $600 Alex
            Originally posted by wed3k
            im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

What if he can't keep both cars? I'm considering moving on due to rust and other issues, I just have too many vehicles as it is. It would suck to see her go, it's been 10 good years together and no oil leaks or reliability issues, in fact have most of the original engine parts including clutch at 247k miles. sigh....
              1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

i thought i was inspired by the cb7 until i met my subaru forester.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                  What if he can't keep both cars? I'm considering moving on due to rust and other issues, I just have too many vehicles as it is. It would suck to see her go, it's been 10 good years together and no oil leaks or reliability issues, in fact have most of the original engine parts including clutch at 247k miles. sigh....
                  Exactly! I can't keep two cars and a motorcycle, zero space for all that. And that's my issue with my car; she's been very reliable, runs great, and is easy to work on. Not to mention cheap to insure, no car payment, and the occasional offer from someone to buy it because it's in such good shape.

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                  i thought i was inspired by the cb7 until i met my subaru forester.
                  See that's my dilemma though, nothing really inspires me to "want it" like the cb7 did.

Comment

how many cars have you owned? you dont know till youve tried them
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I would keep it and drop a H22A in it. that will fix all your leaks and it will feel like a new car, yet you still have the reliablility of the CB7.
                      Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                        how many cars have you owned? you dont know till youve tried them
                        Oh man, I've owned a lot:

88 Prelude
                        89 Prelude
                        92 Accord
                        99 Maxima (damn good car and engine)
                        02 S2000
                        95 Accord V6
                        00 Accord coupe
                        and now the 91 CB7

I'd like another maxima or V6 altima, but I'm not sure on their CVT transmissions.

Originally posted by tutsuo View Post
                        I would keep it and drop a H22A in it. that will fix all your leaks and it will feel like a new car, yet you still have the reliability of the CB7.
                        I've thought about the H23a bluetop honestly...newer motor, and it's a little different.

Comment

Originally posted by s2cmpugh View Post
                          Oh man, I've owned a lot:

88 Prelude
                          89 Prelude
                          92 Accord
                          99 Maxima (damn good car and engine)
                          02 S2000
                          95 Accord V6
                          00 Accord coupe
                          and now the 91 CB7

I'd like another maxima or V6 altima, but I'm not sure on their CVT transmissions.

I've thought about the H23a bluetop honestly...newer motor, and it's a little different.

EEWww

CVT tranny = no thanks.

I think you'd enjoy something from the subaru family. Common for honda owners to move onto subaru's.
                          Originally posted by wed3k
                          im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Yeah I'm still not 100% sold on CVT's made by anyone yet.

If I go the Subaru route, I'd prefer to NOT have a turbo model and would even more prefer a manual.

How are Subaru's automatics?

Comment

I recently totaled my cb7 and boy do I miss that car! For only 1 reason I chose a different car to replace it.... Likelihood of living through a wreck. I (well technically my wife) have a baby coming and the cb7 just isn't a safe chassis. I went with an 01 Audi Allroad. It's large for family, very safe, unique, quattro, and fast BUT it isn't quick like my cb7 was. I'll be getting another cb7 as a track car, hopefully soon! Fwiw!
                              My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Working...
                              X