Suspension question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspension question

So the problem everyone has popping the lbj out to remove the axle... I used a puller. But now I've got another problem.

I can't get the damn thing back in. Its a 97 Prelude. Same basic susp. setup as a cb7 though. I got the axle back through the rotor, put the spindle nut on and I can't move the bj in enough to get it in the lower control arm. I tried it with the bolt through the shock fork, and without it without any luck. Also I'm not havin much luck moving the rotor around to put it back in. I can move it, I just can't move it in enough to get in in the control arm

Probably doesn't mean anything but the reason the axle was out was to change the trans. Its an auto. Anyone got any ideas?

I'll take pics tomorrow to explain what I'm talking about.

Originally posted by wrichards2005 View Post
    So the problem everyone has popping the lbj out to remove the axle... I used a puller. But now I've got another problem.

I can't get the damn thing back in. Its a 97 Prelude. Same basic susp. setup as a cb7 though. I got the axle back through the rotor, put the spindle nut on and I can't move the bj in enough to get it in the lower control arm. I tried it with the bolt through the shock fork, and without it without any luck. Also I'm not havin much luck moving the rotor around to put it back in. I can move it, I just can't move it in enough to get in in the control arm

Probably doesn't mean anything but the reason the axle was out was to change the trans. Its an auto. Anyone got any ideas?

I'll take pics tomorrow to explain what I'm talking about.
    so you mean you converted to a 5 speed tranny? or you just replaced your auto transmission?
    if you converted to 5 speed manual trans, make sure your using the right axles.
    if your just replace your auto trans, make sure its the right one...
    to me, it kinda sounds like the joint popped out..this happens when you tug on the axle too hard when you pulled it out..
    remove the axle, check both joint ends for free play, you should be able to move both each ends a few inches in and out horizontally, and also in a circular motion, w/o any binding type feeling.
    if the joint popped out, you can try to just work it back in by lightly shoving it in, or your gonna have to remove the boot and re-align the joint/bearings inside...

Comment

Working...
    X