Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maple Civic Woes again haha

So yeah I have not been here, trying to straighten out shit,

Downside, civic is a POS, shit keeps breaking, causing more money wasted in the car. Was going to trade it but I will only get 1,500$ trade in for car. Then have crazy payments because of bad credit.

So yeah I decided to keep it.

I blew a hole the size of a baseball in block. I got a new EX Motor for 400$. Swapped it, engine was quiet. Great. Start it up, runs good, Drive it, smoke fest.

Yeap the Turbo (Garrett T25) has been blown for a long time. Which explains the burning oil and me with burning eyes, and the smell. Totally bad now, TONS of smoke, its crazy. BAD.

On top of that, the Headgasket on the new engine is gone due to the shitty D17 Deseign. So the headstuds will be replaced with another new set of ARPS (3rd set of ARPS I bought), New OEM headgasket. And I will be spraying the Gasket with Hylomar BRAND spray Gasket- what rolls royce uses.

So Yeah

I ordered a Godspeed T28 Turbo. Will have it here on Monday. I will put a nice review on this cheap ebay turbo.

Also my Master Clyinder went. Had to get another one of those... Then I set wetness around my Power Steering Lower Hose, yeap it's dryrotted. Gotta get that replaced since now air is getting in the PS. It's just never ends!!!!!

So what's next:

Remove Head, Resurface. ARP Headstuds, Headgasket, and Install new bigger T28 Turbo.

Push 10PSI instead of 8PSI.

I have been on an AEM Methanol Kit for awhile now. Huge Difference in AFR's...

Other then that, car still has it's problems, I got bad inner tie rods on ebay, had to send them back, ordered OEM ones... etc etc etc.

Never Ending! Hopefully this will be last time I do a Headgasket on a D17. If it blows again. I give up haha.

well thats my rant!

Size of a baseball nice.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Damn maple, that blows! Hope you get it running right soon!!!
      I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
      Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      My coupe!!!
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
      Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

Kswap & done. youve wasted enough money to buy another 7th gen civic by now

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Take the fucking turbo off the car

is it that hard to figure out?

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
            Take the fucking turbo off the car

is it that hard to figure out?
            this

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188155
            Bought from: ChampCoupe
            Sold to:Losiracer2

Comment

i didnt read any of the first post.. i just came in here to laugh..

Comment

I'm not posting here to knock you or anything maple but if at 8psi and you're blowing baseball size holes through your block, why would you want to try 10psi instead?

Comment

just give up you suck at tunning. Drive a stock car.
                  H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Sell your car. Buy stock 4th gen Accord. Do not do anything to it accept maintenance (have done by a shop), and find a new hobby.
                    Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                    Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                    Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                    Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                    Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                    Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

jesus, some harsh comments lol

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

its just maple.. who gives a shit

Comment

Run as much boost as your turbo can push until it blows then do a real swap.
                          Last edited by thepowderblue; 07-21-2011, 04:39 PM.
                          Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
                          93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

Why are you knockin the car when it's clearly your mods and lack of ability to tune that keeps blowing it up? It'd be like me supercharging my truck then bitching becuase it keeps snappin rods... Just leave it alone and drive it like a Honda Civic or at least don't bitch about it being a POS. I'm sure it was a great driver until you bolted shit to it that Honda never wanted there.
                            "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                            "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                            Disregard females, acquire currency
                            BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Get an Accord. There I fixed your problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X