To all Canadian cb owners. I NEED YOU! DRL question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To all Canadian cb owners. I NEED YOU! DRL question

i was wondering if someone could take a picture of your "running light relay" unit under the dash, i'm in the processes of buying some helms service/ electrical manuals, the drl relay and i'm going to install the drl's properly, so i want the right unit number before i buy it. i believe it is the same unit up to the 99 accords, but i'm not sure and need your help. thanks

1992 Accord EX MT : CB#2
    DIY OEM amber corners w/reflectors

The 90 DRL module is a simple relay to keep the lows on while the engine is running. In 91-93 the module is different, they keep the highs on half-power while the engine is running. I have the 90 so I wont be much help to you.

My Cars: 2006 Ford Freestyle - 1990 Accord EX - 2001 Accord EXV6 Coupe - 1967 Impala "Metallicar" (for the wife)

Comment

Originally posted by stevediraddo View Post
      The 90 DRL module is a simple relay to keep the lows on while the engine is running. In 91-93 the module is different, they keep the highs on half-power while the engine is running. I have the 90 so I wont be much help to you.
      yeah i did know that, but thanks for the quick reply, i prefer the 91-93 relay

wonder why the 90 was different? first year testing maybe?

Comment

Hope this helps 91-93 relay.

Comment

Ive honestly never seen an Accord with low beam DRLs.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Gr8-Ox View Post
            wonder why the 90 was different? first year testing maybe?
            exactly. the law was passed in canada in early 1990, to make all road vehicles have DRL. honda panicked because the car was already post-design, so they stuck a simple relay module into all canada-bound vehicles, knowing they only had time to design something more suitable for the following year. disabling DRL is easy on a 90, just pull a fuse. On later years its a little more complicated. Adding DRL to an american car? well thats another story..

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
            Ive honestly never seen an Accord with low beam DRLs.
            Not sure if they are all like this but my 90 the low beams are on the outside, and the highs inside. the drl keeps the lows(outside) on full power all the time. i honestly have zero experience with other years.

My Cars: 2006 Ford Freestyle - 1990 Accord EX - 2001 Accord EXV6 Coupe - 1967 Impala "Metallicar" (for the wife)

Comment

Thanks for the info guys,
              @ antonio7566, that pic is exactly what i was looking for, thanks a bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by stevediraddo View Post

Not sure if they are all like this but my 90 the low beams are on the outside, and the highs inside. the drl keeps the lows(outside) on full power all the time. i honestly have zero experience with other years.
                Yeah thats weird. I've never seen it before. I had a 1990 EX-R sedan and it didn't even have DRLs.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys,
                  @ antonio7566, that pic is exactly what i was looking for, thanks a bunch.
                  No prob, glad I could help!

Comment

another question, is there a light on your dash that comes on when your drls are on? is it in the gauge cluster? thanks

Comment

another question, is there a light on your dash that comes on when your drls are on? is it in the gauge cluster? thanks
                      The high beam indicator comes on at half brightness

The DRL light only comes on when the DRL system has a problem

Comment

You could always do LEDs...

That's what I did, seems a bit more simple, lol.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
                        I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                          The high beam indicator comes on at half brightness

The DRL light only comes on when the DRL system has a problem
                          This.

You can also just disconnect your DRLs by pulling the fuse and everything still works properly.

I disconnected my DRLs, so the light was always on in the cluster, so I just took the bulb out.

Comment

i don't want to have a light on all the time, was just curious because im seeing it in the schematics. thanks guys

Comment

Okay guys, I know it's been some time since I posted, been busy with work, I have all the wiring diagrams and the relay unit, the only problem I have is it did not come with the plug and pig tail wires, so I have no idea which wires go where on the unit, could someone take a pic or label the colors for me and where they connect to, thanks!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X