No announcement yet.

aleks77 : 1991 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good info!! You know what, most of the time I get so busy calculating the clearance for the outside fender, I totally forgot about the inside clearance lol! I don't really use any offset calculator like that, I just do a lot of research, look at other people's specs, and go from there

This is how I do my calculations. You say your current wheels are 7.5" wide, +45 offset. So I divided 7.5" by 2. which will give me the width of the wheel from zero offset. that will give me 95.25mm. Now add +45 offset on top of that and I will get 140.25mm. That means your wheels are 140.25mm wide from the hub in. With my wheels (17x9" +42), I end up with 156.3mm, difference of 16mm...So you are absolutely right, I'd need at least 16mm! I'll just go with 20mm since they don't have 16mm spacers Or maybe push it a little and go with 15mm, since the 225 wide tires will be slightly stretched with the 9" wheel..

With that Vette wheel you test-fitted, measurement of the 10.5" wide wheel +54 came to 79.35mm from the hub out..That's why I was scared to see the wheel stuck out so much haha but you clarified that the wheel wasn't bolted on properly, and if it had been bolted on properly it will push the wheel in about an inch or so..So I assume that the stance on your test-fit comes to 79.35mm + 25mm (1inch) = 104.35mm, give or take. My 9' wide wheel after 20mm spacers will come out to 92.3mm from hub out, so no complaints here

As for the front inner clearance with the 9" wide wheel....

That's the maximum it will go. Once the bearing is pressed on to the knuckle, and the hub is pressed on to the bearing, I will have an extra 3-5mm of clearance on top of that..So front definitely clears...But I'm not going to run a wider stance in the rear, that's not how I roll..So if this is the case, then 20mm or 25mm will be needed for the fronts, depending on how wide I go in the rear I do have extended studs all around, so spacers isn't a concern at all..I guess in the end I just have to make sure that the wheels will clear the suspension arms

Damn man, now you're getting me all excited about this haha but anyways, thanks again for all that info..This is good stuff!!! Once we get our cars done we should definitely get a photoshoot done..My treat!

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

Hey photoshoot sounds juicy! Ive always been a fan of your photo skills.

Nice calculations on the offset/size, also good pic to show the clearance on the front, cant wait to see your setup I might be picking up my wheels on saturday, ill definitely post up some teaser shots of the fitment. So you are doing BB6 5 bolt conversion correct? I was thinkin about this but the cheapest it would cost is like $500, and for that much more i can almost get brand new custom 4 bolt wheels made by Work. Its damn hard to find nice 4 bolt wheels but i found a set i like and its cheaper for me to keep 4 bolt than convert and pick up cheaper 5 bolt wheels.
      Last edited by aleks77; 04-01-2009, 11:09 PM.
      1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

Comment

moaaaaaaaaaaaar
        welcome to the DOHC-side..muuuahahahahahah

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1906

Comment

WOW! I can't believe I havent seen this build before... Kick ass car buddy, hopefully I get to see it around Van one day...

Comment

I just looked at all your parts on your car and your car and i seriously hate you more than anything in this world. Haha its amazing deserved accord of the year haha keep the good work up bro

My Memebers ride thread is comin soon keep out on the look out.

Comment

one hot ass coupe
              Originally posted by deevergote
              Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

by far one of my favs
                UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
                NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

Wow thanks a lot for all the nice comments Keep checking for updates, ill update as soon as something new happens.
                  1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Comment

haha yeah your my red twin! love the ride bud congrats on accord of da month!

Originally posted by aleks77 View Post
                    Nice wheels!

haha thats the first time i see my exact rims on another cb7! They do go with the car very well Looks good bro

Bought from: 92acclude, almostJDM, cali-racer, MikeW, rexload, slick, sackingz123, so-calsfinest, lindiz, yeamans17
                    Sold to: timmy0tool, sackingz123, judonoh, jdmhondaman, jdmaccord91,Ofr
                    mycb7.com
                    Members Ride

Comment

how bad ass can u get!!!?car is out of this world man. wish i could get into mine like that, but i need a house w/ garage & a bike or another car, preferably both. did h22 swap on mine but that engine bay & that ram horn manifold is a baaaaddd motherfucker. true genius

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3222203/5

Comment

also what kind of 10mm bolts r those going around ur fenders & the top of the headlights under the hood? or r those just grommets under the head of the bolt?
                        Last edited by heero357; 04-16-2009, 10:07 AM.

Comment

"Fender, Headlight, etc. bolts replaced with polished counter-sunk washer and black allen bolts" i see!!!

Comment

ya thats the best i can describe it, you can get an expensive set from password jdm, i got my set from a guy on honda-tech cheaper but he doesnt sell them anymore, im sure someone else does

Comment

bad fucking ass.

great looking car.
                              love the black and red theme. i was thinking of doing the same type of thing with the next car. you beat me to it. nice job.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

HOT car you got there,putting down some very nice HP.making me want a turbo.

Comment

Working...
                                X