CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 03-18-2013, 12:56 PM   #1
Cb76Life
Newcomer

Cb76Life is cool... so far.
Rack an pinion problem

So I had a leak in my rack and pinion and never noticed it until the power steering belt popped on me and I have been driving with out power steering for awhile until I was able to buy a new rack an pinion and pump and line. Now that I have them I was about to install the rack and pinion until noticed that one but that holds it is strip is there a way I can fix it?
Cb76Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:51 AM   #2
cb7 calling
CB7tuner Member

cb7 calling is cool... so far.
The first thing i would do is edit your post. Your last sentence is baby talk. You mean the fitting at the rack is stripped? Is it the high pressure line? I would try plumbers thread tape or pipe dope compound or both. You have to be the judge on how safe it is after that because if you don't know what your doing its not.
If that doesn't work you cut the line right behind the fitting, get a slightly larger compression fitting possibly imperial measurement, flange the line, tap the rack and hope no metal got inside.
Maybe it's your brass fitting itself, cut the line, put the same size fitting on flange the line and replace without tapping the rack.
I would get a junk yard line if it's the fitting though.
I try not to use new fittings on old lines if I can buy a new line with fittings on it.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:19 PM   #3
kapone
CB7tuner Member

kapone is cool... so far.
Send a message via Yahoo to kapone
Quote:
I was about to install the rack and pinion until noticed that one but that holds it is strip is there a way I can fix it?
The one that holds what... the pump, the rack, the tie rods connected to the rack, what???

What part of FL are you in ... there's a lot of member in here from FL... maybe some one near you can offer some assistance....

In Need of an engine, just a basic f22a...pm me if you have one willing to part with.
kapone is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: