CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 10-19-2015, 03:32 AM   #41
Straight Success
Contributing Member

Straight Success is someone to admire Straight Success is someone to admire Straight Success is someone to admire
Quote:
Originally Posted by moore View Post
Update: I still hate this thing. This car is stupid, these swaps are stupid. I've owned this thing about a year now. Haven't driven it once. Have close to 5 grand in to this thing. Somebody wave like 2 grand in front of my face and help me get rid of the the biggest mistake I've ever made in my life. I don't care about stupid vtec, my silverado is faster and my corvette is waaaaaaaaaaaay faster than this pos. UGH.
I understand your frustration. It took me 2-1/6 years to get mine back on the road. However, I just use mine for daily driving mostly. It's a comfortable little daily driver that's a little peppy.

If it wasn't so reliable, I'd sell the damn thing; oh wait, it is up for sale.

New toy on deck. 415hp and 415ftlbs o' torque.

Good luck with everything depending on which route you take.

"...they did the bowties, I did the ascots, as much as I have, I'm still reppin' the have nots..."

- So Raspy

Straight Success is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 04:45 AM   #42
h22sparkle
CB7tuner Member

h22sparkle may have said something they shouldn't have...
That's because your doing it wrong. What is exactly the problem with the car dude
h22sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 07:53 PM   #43
moore
CB7tuner Member

moore is cool... so far.
So here's where we are at with this thing. It runs...like shit and drives...kinda. No filter on the intake, no o2 sensor cause it has to be extended. Havn't messed with the distributor much, only turned it until I could start it and left it there. No rpm gauge function. No speedo gauge function and obviously no vtec bro. Can't think of what else, been a long ass day working on this thing Gonna spend the rest of the night researching where to go from here but I guess progress is progress. I feel like I've yet to reach the most frustrating part of this build which is making all these parts I just slapped together in this old ass car worth together

On the spindle thing, I decided to ditch that stupid 98-02 4 lug idea and pressed new bearings/hubs in the cb7 spindle and HOLY DEAR LORD FUCK THAT SUCKED but whatever I got it done. Now I get to throw away some 98-02 accord spindles with new bearings, hubs, rotors, pads, and calipers. Stupid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGIJugRxS8Q

moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 08:11 PM   #44
moore
CB7tuner Member

moore is cool... so far.
Trying to think of useful info to ad for if anyone wants to chime in...

Its a phearable chipped p28 ecu and don't know if this will mess with anything but the power steering line is just kinda loose chillin there, not hooked to anything. I dunno if hanging it there having air being able to get in the system will mess something else up or whatever

Edit: Coming up with conflicting info on the o2 sensor. Since mine is an LX, the h22a sensor connector that I have will not plug in. I dont want to fuck with peeling the old ass harness back and fucking a wire up or something whatever...anyways... Some posts say to use the stock LX sensor and some posts say that this will cause issues and to use the h22a sensor and swap the connector on my wiring harness. I'm only a little in to research and am just spitting out what I have found so far.

On the idle issue, I'll have to take pictures of my vacuum lines tomorrow and cross reference them with some pictures I've found and see what's up there. I do have the egr blocked off with a metal plate so I guess that makes a difference

Also my speed sensor is probably dicked so I'll try to find another one tomorrow

Last edited by moore; 10-24-2015 at 08:58 PM.
Old 10-31-2015, 07:02 PM   #45
moore
CB7tuner Member

moore is cool... so far.
Probably gonna be a another week or so before I can dick with this again but for reference...codes are 17 and 22. I have the speed sensor off my old motor...we'll see if that works. I bought an o2 extension harness and the rest of my exhaust showed up. Gonna take apart the vtec solenoid and clean it up/replace all the gaskets and see what that does. Here's how it sits for now.

best part about this is that I 5spd swapped a car and I can't drive stick LOL so after I figure all this shit out I still gotta learn that
Old 10-31-2015, 10:02 PM   #46
Straight Success
Contributing Member

Straight Success is someone to admire Straight Success is someone to admire Straight Success is someone to admire
Talking about setting the bar high for yourself; great example here!

"...they did the bowties, I did the ascots, as much as I have, I'm still reppin' the have nots..."

- So Raspy

Straight Success is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 10:26 PM   #47
Rilas
Gold Member

Rilas seems to have made some friends!
Only a little more time and you'll have this nice ride up and running. It's all a learning process and we all have to start somewhere. I'd say your doing great so far, even with all the frustrations. The 5 speed swap alone is a large accomplishment in and of itself. Adding an H22 on top of that, well it's just a lot of little things that can go sideways. Your so very close! Keep it up!
Rilas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 08:13 AM   #48
moore
CB7tuner Member

moore is cool... so far.
Thanks guys, I've learned a lot building this car. I remember straight success saying something about how its going to be extremely frustrating when I first bought this car. Boy was he right. Although in the end I will be very proud to have done everything I have done do this car for the most part by myself. Kinda feels good to have done this rather than get something newer, put some coilovers and wheels on it and call it a build

None of my friends were willing to let me learn how to drive stick on their cars so I built my own haha
Old 11-06-2015, 05:34 PM   #49
moore
CB7tuner Member

moore is cool... so far.
It's over guys.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...42#post3246142
Old 12-06-2015, 02:40 PM   #50
moore
CB7tuner Member

moore is cool... so far.

I've been driving this thing every day now, pretty much got all driveability issues worked out. It's kind of nice having it not be such a piece of shit anymore, I must admit.

It's surprisingly quick. It's probably not a good thing, but because I have 450cc injectors and a generic basemap, after doing some hard pulls it shoots a pretty massive flame on decel. Pretty neat.
Old 12-14-2015, 10:48 AM   #51
marneus901
CB7tuner Member

marneus901 is cool... so far.
@moore; what part of MD are you? I have the same EXACT rims, and have historic md tags (which I dont see often on cb7s) on my cb7, although my car is the maroon color; and I went with a jdm f22b.

Last edited by marneus901; 12-14-2015 at 10:58 AM.
marneus901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 12:01 PM   #52
moore
CB7tuner Member

moore is cool... so far.
I'm in bowie
Old 12-15-2015, 10:56 AM   #53
marneus901
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
I'm in bowie
Oh true, you're like 30min from me, i'm near Germantown Know of any good meets around the area?
Old 12-15-2015, 01:04 PM   #54
moore
CB7tuner Member

moore is cool... so far.
Everythings pretty much dead this time of year. Only thing consistent is the glen burnie car wash on the weekends but it's filled with a bunch of teenagers and whatnot lately. When it's nice out theres one in crofton but its not held when its cold
Old 12-15-2015, 04:35 PM   #55
marneus901
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Everythings pretty much dead this time of year. Only thing consistent is the glen burnie car wash on the weekends but it's filled with a bunch of teenagers and whatnot lately. When it's nice out theres one in crofton but its not held when its cold
Good to know
Old 12-15-2015, 10:36 PM   #56
moore
CB7tuner Member

moore is cool... so far.
I don't take this car out though, because I hate it. If im out im in my silverado or my c5 if its nice
Old 12-16-2015, 05:54 AM   #57
marneus901
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
I don't take this car out though, because I hate it. If im out im in my silverado or my c5 if its nice
Why do you hate it? I fell in love with cb7's after I got mine; I always had a bad taste about honda's because of the amount of ricers in the montgomery county area, but man, the cb7 + F series longblock I fell in love with. Your car is wayyyy cleaner than mine (quite jealous actually lol, my body cancer is so bad, I was able to see through the trunk from the wheelwell, and im currently jb welding some cracks and stuff in the body/interior; got water in the floorboard of backseat) and the fact you dropped a h series into it, I would live in the car at that point (i already practically do with this f22b dohc lol).
Old 12-16-2015, 12:44 PM   #58
moore
CB7tuner Member

moore is cool... so far.
It's just not my thing, but I can't get rid of it so whatever. My car isn't in the best shape but rust is minimal so that's nice. And it's pretty quick with the H honestly. When I first got the car I worked 2 miles from home now that the build is done work is like 30 miles with lots of traffic so it just doesn't get driven lol
Old 02-21-2016, 10:49 PM   #59
moore
CB7tuner Member

moore is cool... so far.
update: Car is sold, this happened to new owner day after he bought it

Fuck this car. Glad its over, carry on gents, happy modding, im going back to chevys lol
Old 02-22-2016, 10:29 AM   #60
92LxCoupe92
CB7tuner Member

92LxCoupe92 is cool... so far.
WOW!!!
92LxCoupe92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: