Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Auto trans. cable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto trans. cable?

How do you remove the transmision cable? From the trany itself or from inside the car at the shifter?

Good-by F22, Give me an H22!!

Why do you need to remove it?

I just got mine out of the shop from having a broken Shift Cable. It is like a steel braided line. Mine had just split from being 16+ years old. A new cable around here costed me $184 just for the cable itself. I got it installed for $102. For a grand total of $308 with tax installed. The shop that I took mine too is just a one guy operation and he is usually very cheap when it comes to labor. So I am assuming with the price of $102 just for labor that it is pretty difficult to get to.. Just my two cents. Later

Comment

Doing an engine swap. Need to disconect that and revome the hub nut(which is making my life a living hell) then out comes the f22 and in goes the H22!!

Comment

So I take it you are going AUTO F to MAN H? If that is the case it may not hurt to look HERE

EDIT: also if he doesnt post in here first might not hurt to shoot cp[mike] a PM. Later

Comment

Thanks I'll try that.

Comment

its easy ...get a haynes manual .....take the cover off .remove the cotter pin and pull off. it just one cable,a metal plate, and the pin.

first you might have to loosen the lock pin from inside. from behind the shifter in the back of the center console.
            FS: DSM turbo parts,OEM parts, and more.....
            My Members Ride Thread - R.i.P

Comment

Working...
            X