Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cant stop the rattles!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant stop the rattles!!!!

I have a sedan and the rear deck (where the rear 6x9's are mounted) on it rattles like crazy. I'm not sure if its the third brake light or the whole panel that is rattling, but its bad. I have two 15's and it rattles so bad with my subs on I dont even listen to them much anymore. I have tried stuffing rags and stuff behind the brake light and other areas and nothing seems to help. I assume there are some guys on here with some loud systems, so how did you eliminate that area from rattling? I want that area 100% rattle free!

i feel your pain on that. i have two 15's as well as 1800 watts. yeh it rattled! my finding was that it was the speaker pods themselfs! take them off, take em apart and add somthing in there to separate the plastic. while you have them out do the same under the rear deck itself. i solved almost all of my rattles. i mean with two 15's youre gonna have some lets face it. i know i did.

R.I.P.

Comment

Thanks, I'll give that a try and see how its works.

It really seems like most of my noise is coming from the 3rd brake light area though, with the subs on I can see it just shaking like crazy!

Comment

ya my rear deck bounces like a jackhammer. turn it up man. drown em out lol. i put 4 little pieces of foam rubber around my third brake as well.

R.I.P.

Comment

I have the same problem but Im going to use sound deadener on all the under parts of my brake light ,carpet / cardboard and speaker grills. My whole under deck is already deadened. But it still rattles. Plus when my sunroof is closed the panal rattles like crazy. I use a this:

http://www.hushmat.com/

Comment

I've used sound deadner as a gasket for under a fin on a mustang and he was running 4 twelve inch Hertz subs and it works like a charm. Even behind the liscence plate help alot and also in the lights. I run two twelve inch Hertz in the rear with sound deadning everywhere and there the odd rattle here and there. Unfortunately ya can't get away from it the louder you get. Turn it up you wont heat it.
            Last edited by '90swap; 05-10-2007, 02:39 AM.

Good-by F22, Give me an H22!!

Comment

with my sunroof closed its not the cover that rattles. its the sunroof. to much flexing going on. with it open and certain songs... my roof can flex about an inch or more.

R.I.P.

Comment

Dynomat.

they sell it at circuit city.
                ]

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
                  Dynomat.

they sell it at circuit city.
                  you're suggesting that they use dynomat over small things on the rear deck?

that stuff is used to cancel out road noise, not prevent small things from rattling. right?

you can buy foam sheets from craft stores for like 30 cents for a square foot, in just about any color you can imagine, and cut it to fit between the speaker grille parts and within the brake lamp.
                  My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

Originally posted by joshnrosen
                    you're suggesting that they use dynomat over small things on the rear deck?

that stuff is used to cancel out road noise, not prevent small things from rattling. right?

you can buy foam sheets from craft stores for like 30 cents for a square foot, in just about any color you can imagine, and cut it to fit between the speaker grille parts and within the brake lamp.

the sound deadener is for road noise, like that stuff your removing when you strip your car.

dynomat is for loud systems to prevent trunk rattle or annoying things like that. it works amazing because it absorbs the vibrations.

remove the rear deck, lay dynomat, install the rear deck, basically anywhere that it can be hidden under then do it.
                    ]

Comment

ya dynomat does wonders for audio quality as well. for instance, try lining your sub box with dynomat once. and see what difference it makes when you do your entire dore skeleton. sounds alot better.

R.I.P.

Comment

Just as good for half the price of Dynamat Extreme. http://www.hushmat.com/

Also comes is a black color.

Comment

With my trunk rattling bull shit i was just about to install some dynamat (i only have some 6.5" pioneers, but my trunk still rattled like CRAZY 99% of the time) when i noticed that the rattling was actually coming from the weird little tortion bars that help/hold the trunk open; the bars go from one side to the other and cross over each other, right underneath the speaker deck.
                          I tied some cotton rags around the bars and it stoped the rattling completely...
                          my $0.02....probably irrelevant seeing as i dont have subs and im not exactly beating down the block with my current setup....
                          1991 Honda Accord EX (Canadian)

Comment

I've got some fatmat extreme ( speaker kit ) on the way to see how it works. It was only 10 bux and it comes with the roller, spray, and instructions. Also, it's 45mil and made pretty much the same as dynamatt extreme ( rubber butyl ). The savings add up pretty fast when buying in bulk. They also have the rattle trap rated at 80 mil and is not that much more.

If this stuff works on my speakers, then i'll buy the 50 sq ft roll pack and do my rear deck, and trunk. I'll keep ya posted.
                            I love the bouncy...it's great...

Comment

Originally posted by teknikalitch
                              i feel your pain on that. i have two 15's as well as 1800 watts. yeh it rattled! my finding was that it was the speaker pods themselfs! take them off, take em apart and add somthing in there to separate the plastic. while you have them out do the same under the rear deck itself. i solved almost all of my rattles. i mean with two 15's youre gonna have some lets face it. i know i did.
                              Hehe damn I take it you don't do a whole lot of grocery shopping with those sitting in your trunk!
                              "Thizz Bizz R' Uz"

Hear my pussy ROAR!

V-TAK
                              Variable Transistor Accumulator Kinetosizor

Comment

Working...
                              X