Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

college

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlizzyBlade View Post
    Can't say I was in the same situation starting out, true story: moved my senior year from FL(the worst) and graduate in '10 in NY had all my college and living plans planned out for NY was living with my pops and step-moms, long story short the both decided to move back to FL after I already registered, got accepted, etc etc to Vassar College since at the time I lived where the college was didn't need/qualify for a dorm plus tuition was already expensive. My father gave me an ultimatum move w/ them back to FL or get cut off (financially) long story short again I got cut off because I didn't wanna pay out of state tuition at an FL college, i basically became homeless and jobless/poor in a matter of minutes but anyways i used my anger turned to something else towards my as my ambition. Now I'm 20 a banker and on my 3rd year in college.

It's funny when your back's against the wall what ambition can do, keep your head up there's always a light at the end of a tunnel
    i have been there a couple of times but i never strugled as much as i have now

Comment

Can't say I was in the same situation starting out, true story: moved my senior year from FL(the worst) and graduate in '10 in NY had all my college and living plans planned out for NY was living with my pops and step-moms, long story short the both decided to move back to FL after I already registered, got accepted, etc etc to Vassar College since at the time I lived where the college was didn't need/qualify for a dorm plus tuition was already expensive. My father gave me an ultimatum move w/ them back to FL or get cut off (financially) long story short again I got cut off because I didn't wanna pay out of state tuition at an FL college, i basically became homeless and jobless/poor in a matter of minutes but anyways i used my anger turned to something else towards my as my ambition. Now I'm 20 a banker and on my 3rd year in college.

It's funny when your back's against the wall what ambition can do, keep your head up there's always a light at the end of a tunnel
      Hey,
      Good for you bud. You got fight in you. Just put that ambition to good use and remember how you crawled out of the hole and cherish it. Don't let that ambition turns you into a beast. I had a best friend in refugee camp and when we made it to the USA, we sworn to be brothers. I left to medical school and when I came back he had every thing a person would want, but his life. Ever since then, nothing ever bother me any more. Having to bury your brother at 26 is never good.

Comment

wow thats whats up man.

but to the op, apply for scholarships. you would be surprised at what you could get. a lot of people don't apply because they think they wont get it and a lot of times no scholarship is given because no one applied and that could have been 500 to 5000 dollars. i have luckily not had to apply for any yet but i will for the spring semester. my professor showed the class of many scholarships that no one applied for. so its worth a shot at least.

this last page has been an awesome read too btw.
        Accord SE

93se
        Members Ride
        Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
        Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
          Think of it this, you have the opportunity now. Do you know how many people wishing for the same opportunity as yours and cannot get it?
          You are lucky.
          Originally posted by esskater892 View Post
          wow thats whats up man.

but to the op, apply for scholarships. you would be surprised at what you could get. a lot of people don't apply because they think they wont get it and a lot of times no scholarship is given because no one applied and that could have been 500 to 5000 dollars. i have luckily not had to apply for any yet but i will for the spring semester. my professor showed the class of many scholarships that no one applied for. so its worth a shot at least.

this last page has been an awesome read too btw.
          what do you need to apply for it

Comment

Originally posted by fc lovo View Post
            thats exactly what im doing working full time and taking night classes but I get paid 300 a week but its not enough and with my leagal status I cant do much
            Didn't President Obama passed the D.R.E.A.M act recently?

do you qualify for that? If so you should be able to get legal document here.

edit:

it was a deferred action

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...00082ca60aRCRD
            Last edited by XcluziveAZN; 09-06-2012, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by XcluziveAZN View Post
              Didn't President Obama passed the D.R.E.A.M act recently?

do you qualify for that? If so you should be able to get legal document here.

edit:

it was a deferred action

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...00082ca60aRCRD
              i'm working on getting my work visa and social but the dream acct takes affect until next year for the schools/colleges

Comment

Originally posted by fc lovo View Post
                what do you need to apply for it
                For one, you are Hispanic, you probably qualify for every thing. This is not a racist comment, but a true one. The Hispanic vs the Asian in CA is like 3:1 or even higher, but yet the Hispanics are consider minority but the Asians are not. The same thing in FL. The Blacks vs the Asians are like 20:1 and yet the Asians are not minority. I want to know why the heck this is.
                But with that aside, your immigration status might hold you back for the bigger applications. What I did was to go to each of the departments a semester in advance and they usually have the cork boards that list all of the grants and scholarships. Even if you don't think you qualify, apply any way. You might be the only one that is applying for the rare one. They have to give the money away. They cannot keep it. So it must be given out.
                With the high tuition at University of Miami and I only had to borrow less than $2000 a year. I borrowed the max. Put it in the bank for interest. When I graduated it was like I never borrowed. I paid it right off after the deferment period. Made $600 after 4 year. Not much but it was money.
                So go online to the departments and start looking. I would imagine they post them online instead of the cork boards now days.

Btw, I don't know if this is true or not but most of my Hispanic friends and neighbors told me they voted for Obama and they hate him now b/c since he's been president, the deportation rate at the south border has been the highest of all presidents in the past.

Comment

For one, you are Hispanic, you probably qualify for every thing. This is not a racist comment, but a true one. The Hispanic vs the Asian in CA is like 3:1 or even higher, but yet the Hispanics are consider minority but the Asians are not. The same thing in FL. The Blacks vs the Asians are like 20:1 and yet the Asians are not minority. I want to know why the heck this is.
                  But with that aside, your immigration status might hold you back for the bigger applications. What I did was to go to each of the departments a semester in advance and they usually have the cork boards that list all of the grants and scholarships. Even if you don't think you qualify, apply any way. You might be the only one that is applying for the rare one. They have to give the money away. They cannot keep it. So it must be given out.
                  With the high tuition at University of Miami and I only had to borrow less than $2000 a year. I borrowed the max. Put it in the bank for interest. When I graduated it was like I never borrowed. I paid it right off after the deferment period. Made $600 after 4 year. Not much but it was money.
                  So go online to the departments and start looking. I would imagine they post them online instead of the cork boards now days.

Btw, I don't know if this is true or not but most of my Hispanic friends and neighbors told me they voted for Obama and they hate him now b/c since he's been president, the deportation rate at the south border has been the highest of all presidents in the paqt.

its true it did go up but the minute men acted on their oun comands the president didnt want it to go up he wantd it to go down but the border patrol didnt listen jus like the sherif from arizona that kept giving the hispanics pink jail cloths

Comment

So is it getting a little more comfortable now that you have made more friends and some of them are in the same boat? Lol. Just tell them no one rocks the boat. Yeah!! I was one of those boat people from Asia. We paid our life time saving only to be put on a boat that designed for 200 people and they stuffed 800 on it. We got robbed 3X and our women got raped and our belongings stolen. Those that were desperate and left the boat either got beat or raped. My Dad knew about this so no one in our family left the boat. We had too many people on board so the pirates didn't dare come on the boat. Thinking about this makes me appreciate what I have now.
                    Even on a bad days, I am having a good time. Lol.

Comment

Well I noticed, it says your from Bell Gardens. Does that mean Bell Gardens, CA? If so, they just passed the dream act. Have you looked into that? Another thing. Is your girlfriend looking for a job? If not, she should be. That would really help alot.

Crap, I didnt noticed someone posting the dream act. Still, it is something you should look into.
                      Last edited by lilg4mdalbc; 09-12-2012, 03:26 AM.

Comment

So is it getting a little more comfortable now that you have made more friends and some of them are in the same boat? Lol. Just tell them no one rocks the boat. Yeah!! I was one of those boat people from Asia. We paid our life time saving only to be put on a boat that designed for 200 people and they stuffed 800 on it. We got robbed 3X and our women got raped and our belongings stolen. Those that were desperate and left the boat either got beat or raped. My Dad knew about this so no one in our family left the boat. We had too many people on board so the pirates didn't dare come on the boat. Thinking about this makes me appreciate what I have now.
                        Even on a bad days, I am having a good time. Lol.
                        i guess we all sufer in our own way no mater how big or small it may apear

Comment

Originally posted by lilg4mdalbc View Post
                          Well I noticed, it says your from Bell Gardens. Does that mean Bell Gardens, CA? If so, they just passed the dream act. Have you looked into that? Another thing. Is your girlfriend looking for a job? If not, she should be. That would really help alot.

Crap, I didnt noticed someone posting the dream act. Still, it is something you should look into.
                          i cant get help until next year in school by the dream act right now what im trying to get into is the new acct obama singd to help imigrants get their visa social and be able to get a drivers license its diferent from the dream act

Comment

too much free time...solved by getting an academic warning

Comment

well so far im doing good got some help outside of school and got everything paid

Comment

Working...
                              X