The G-Man: 2005 Toyota 4Runner Sport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The G-Man: 2005 Toyota 4Runner Sport

I sold my 2015 GMC Sierra prize truck in the middle of my move from TX to Philly to posture myself better financially and get a smaller vehicle/daily driver.

So I bought this 4Runner from my father in law. The lady currently has my Civic down in DC, I'll start driving that daily once again when we either switch parking permits for her apartment building, or she moves up here. But for now I commute to NJ every day in this bad boy.

I finally took some pictures of it after getting it washed this morning

IMG_1669 by gcarterrogers, on Flickr

Specs:
    V6, 4WD
    Completely stock

IMG_1668 by gcarterrogers, on Flickr

IMG_1670 by gcarterrogers, on Flickr

IMG_1673 by gcarterrogers, on Flickr

IMG_1674 by gcarterrogers, on Flickr

IMG_1676 by gcarterrogers, on Flickr
    Last edited by The G-Man; 11-21-2015, 05:16 PM.
    Gary A.K.A. Carter
    [sig killed by photobucket]

Looks great! I love that generation of 4Runner. It looks like it is in great shape. All it needs is to be gone over with a buffer to pull the holograms and a set of Bilstein 5100s up front to level the nose and you'll be golden!

Does that generation 4Runner have the same frame rust issues as the 2005+ Tacomas? I know Toyota has quietly been replacing the frames on the 2nd gen Tacomas, much like the 1st gen 01-04 models. If your frame is good, some Fluid Film will go a long way.

Comment

I'm not sure if this gen has frame rust issues, but it has been in NC it's entire life and minimal exposure to winter weather. But since I live in Philly now, I have been looking into fluid film.
      Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

Nice buy, and how's Philly treating you thus far?
        The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

It was 65 degrees today, can't complain there. I like it, change of pace coming from 2 years in a small town in Texas. My 1 hr commute to work kinda sucks, but it is nice being in the middle of everything.
          Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

whats your job again that you move so much?

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
            01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
            93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
            93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
              whats your job again that you move so much?
              Air Force Pilot.

I don't move that much, May 2013 to start training, then I was temporarily in Oklahoma for 3 months prior to getting here.
              Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

Any update on the 4runner?

I liked the previous generation a little better. My step dad bought a 99 in 98 brand new for 39k. It was his first vehicle he purchased brand new. He still has it and it is about to break 200k. He wants to trade it in for a new car but i keep telling him not to.

Congratz on the move to philly. Sorry i am a little ate. I have not posted much within the last few years as life and school and family caught up with me. I regret not being active but it is what it is.

I am 5 minutes driving from philly. I work right near the 69th street terminal in Upper Darby. Do you still own your CB?

I only know two members from pa. F20a (rip) and StraightSuccess(anthony). So it would be cool to actually meet another local member. My CB is nothing special as she is my DD so i just keep fixing her. She needs a major overhaul soon and I am hoping to do it after i graduate. My goal is to graduate in december.

I really like the black color. My step dads is all white. I know they changed the generation in 03. Have you done any mods or added any OEM accessories?

Comment

Originally posted by dhill_cb7 View Post
                  Any update on the 4runner?

I liked the previous generation a little better. My step dad bought a 99 in 98 brand new for 39k. It was his first vehicle he purchased brand new. He still has it and it is about to break 200k. He wants to trade it in for a new car but i keep telling him not to.

Congratz on the move to philly. Sorry i am a little ate. I have not posted much within the last few years as life and school and family caught up with me. I regret not being active but it is what it is.

I am 5 minutes driving from philly. I work right near the 69th street terminal in Upper Darby. Do you still own your CB?

I only know two members from pa. F20a (rip) and StraightSuccess(anthony). So it would be cool to actually meet another local member. My CB is nothing special as she is my DD so i just keep fixing her. She needs a major overhaul soon and I am hoping to do it after i graduate. My goal is to graduate in december.

I really like the black color. My step dads is all white. I know they changed the generation in 03. Have you done any mods or added any OEM accessories?
                  For the 4Runner, got a basic viper remote start installed on it and I bought 2 new tires for it. Nothing special, just Good Year highway tires. This thing gets driven on the highway too much to make the sacrifices for decent all-terrains right now.

I still own my cb but... it is in a storage lot in NC right now. It doesn't curently run.
                  Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

Working...
                  X