Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Ultimate NA build: From Honda-tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultimate NA build: From Honda-tech

This may have been posted already since it has been floating around for a while. But I was speaking with another member and remembered I came accross this. I figured I would post this as inspiration/information for those wanting to go NA. It gives a prettygood breakdown of what is needed to get as close to 300hp as possible!!!!

Honda-tech:
    KingMotorsports H23 Vtec ALL motor 282 WHP 196 WTQ!!!!!!

Kingmotorsports blueprinted and balanced bottom end.
    12.8:1 compression race gas for a race car
    Wiseco pistons
    Crower rods
    Kingmotorsports ported head and competition valve job
    Skunk 2 Pro 3's
    Skunk 2 Pro series Intake manifold
    Skunk 2 Pro series 68mm Throttle body
    AEM cam gears
    Custom header
    Crower Cro-moly retainers
    Supertech valve springs
    Hondata intake gasket
    Hondata S300

Full thread:
    https://honda-tech.com/forums/all-mo...6-wtq-2208596/

Nearly all of that is in the cams and header. Those cams are not what I would want to drive around town with, by any means.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Indeed. From what I've heard, talking to a few people that have done it, about 250whp is about as much as you'd want from an H22A intended for the street. An H23A might be able to do a little more, perhaps.
      That build with lower compression and a milder set of cams would probably give right around 250whp. That would be fun in a CB7.

Comment

No doubt. Whoever this was went all out. They specified in the thread that it is not a street car. Purely race,and a race fuel tune, I just figured I would post that to show what the max for an NA could be.

Comment

Well it's not going all out. The only thing custom in this build is the head, which could be their typical head work and not specific to these parts, and the exhaust. There are a lot more gains to be made with a custom intake and cams. But if you have a wallet and want power this is the easiest path.
          '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

I believe Bisimoto's race "f22a" (loosely) was making well over 400hp last I saw.

Comment

I'm very much disappointed to see an H23A make so little in torque, but I place that error on the tuner, probably shooting for 300whp for "wow factor" and not so much what may actually win on the strip.

Forgive me for being ignorant, but why not at least a 70mm throttle body for that build since it's almost exclusively top end, and for that matter why not ITBs, oversized valves anyone?

I would have also like to have seen the bore go to about 88-89mm. If it truly is a "race build" why stop at 12.8? I believe Wiseco is making slugs that push 14.0 if not more.
              Last edited by Joey GT-R; 05-16-2017, 11:47 AM.
              '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
              If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
                I'm very much disappointed to see an H23A make so little in torque, but I place that error on the tuner, probably shooting for 300whp for "wow factor" and not so much what may actually win on the strip.

Forgive me for being ignorant, but why not at least a 70mm throttle body for that build since it's almost exclusively top end, and for that matter why not ITBs, oversized valves anyone?

I would have also like to have seen the bore go to about 88-89mm. If it truly is a "race build" why stop at 12.8? I believe Wiseco is making slugs that push 14.0 if not more.
                I understand your disappointment. Here is an H23VTEC making 266 whp 192 wtq.

Mods:
                Stock Bottom End H23V
                Lightly Done RLZ head
                ASP Header
                Rosko Upper
                E85

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

It's hard to beat Howard at rlz if you can get an appointment.

02 Crv
                  02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                  92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                  Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

The 68mm TB caught my eye too, but then I remembered that the Skunk2 intake manifold is 66mm-ish. So they would have to bore out the intake manifold to take a 70mm TB. And I'm assuming after that there would be another bottleneck (valves, etc.). Not sure what's up with the low torque numbers......

Comment

Working...
                    X