93 5 speed tranny in 98 EX coupe F23A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

93 5 speed tranny in 98 EX coupe F23A

Good morning my fellow cb7/cg3 enthusiasts. I had a question because I've recently purchased my first cg Accord. It's a 98 EX Coupe 5 speed. But it needs a transmission. I can get a 93 Accord 5 speed tomorrow and the only difference I see if the placement of the slave cylinder, but will it work with my 98? I've had plenty of cb7s and I believe all the F & H transmissions are compatible except the ATTS I believe but what do you think. Thanks brothers and sisters.
    Mr. $3 Dollahz Himself!

should bolt right in
    COUPE K24

Comment

You might have to swap the Speedo plug part out with a newer type that doesn’t use the power steering fluid lines going into it. If your CG has its trans in it still just swap over the one from the CG.
      5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Such great help..

Thanks you guys. I thought so. I've kinda been out of the Honda scene for a while because I sold my last cb7 and I've been driving my E38 740il. But I couldn't stay away from the Honda scene any longer. Then I found this CG3 for $300 and I had to have it. Yes I still have the old transmission so I can swap the speedo. The only other thing that I may have to swap is the mount but I may not. I just wanted to make sure it would work for sure before I drove to get the 93 tranny. It's an hour and a half away from me, and in the Texas panhandle, everything is few, far and in-between. Thanks again. Y'all are the best.
        Mr. $3 Dollahz Himself!

Comment

Working...
        X