Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

my 91 ex sedan 5spd (seattle silver)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JFISHTHECREATOR View Post
    I agree it looks good.... buuut i plan to have it painted at some point
    Which color are you going for?
    Any of the OEM colors or something different?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisMario88 View Post
      Which color are you going for?
      Any of the OEM colors or something different?
      I'm trying to decide between a respray of seattle silver metallic , Del Sol green , geneva green , or flint black.

Comment

Update

all of the leather seats are in.

i got new rubstrips , waiting til paint to install.

power has been ran to seat and it works flawlessly.

I might pick up another accord with no rust and just build it , i dont want to put a bunch of money in my rust bucket. but i dont want to get rid of it either.

Comment

updato

Hello all, I have been on here off and on reading different things, but never thought to let you know what has happened. so here it is:

I went ahead and bought a new car. I got a 2002 Acura 3.2CL type S auto.

let me tell you: this is a stupendously fast car. I got it from a pawn shop for $3500. It's got 198k on it if I remember correctly. Haven't had issues so far, but I did change the oil, and flushed the trans fluid a few times to make sure the clutches don't get burnt out.

As for the CB , I haven't driven her as much. That's because the steering rack is going bad. You could turn the steering wheel a half turn before it caught.

But I sanded and polished her rims and when I did the front's I saw both tie-rod ends were loose. so i tightened those and it seemed to fix the issue. But that is really odd because I just had them replaced and an alignment done at a tire shop 2 or 3 months ago.

As of right now I'm making plans for the CB and the CL , that I will pursue at some point.

I will upload pics of the CB's rims sometime soon. I will get pictures of the CL soon as well.

Comment

Be VERY careful with that transmission. I'd trust running the J32A2's power through a feberge egg before I would the transmission that comes with it. If you do ever have issues, though, the 2006-2007 Accord V6 automatic transmission is a direct swap. That transmission is built much better and was Honda's post recall/class-action suit revision.

I've got a thread going in the Other Automotive Member's Rides section for my own CL as well. It's not much to check out now, but I've been working on both cars simultaneously like you have.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
              Be VERY careful with that transmission. I'd trust running the J32A2's power through a feberge egg before I would the transmission that comes with it. If you do ever have issues, though, the 2006-2007 Accord V6 automatic transmission is a direct swap. That transmission is built much better and was Honda's post recall/class-action suit revision.

I've got a thread going in the Other Automotive Member's Rides section for my own CL as well. It's not much to check out now, but I've been working on both cars simultaneously like you have.
              I feel ya on the transmission. I hope it lasts a while, if not then i might get the trans you recommended , or a 6 speed m/t from a 7th gen accord. If you have any tips on maintenance and what not let me know. I'm still learning the car. Thanks!

Comment

updates

I installed a 1992 prelude shifter into the car (will do a DIY)

I charged the A/C , Cleaned the condenser , and put the temp adj. cable back on the dial (it was off and I had no idea)

SO the A/C works now, but it's not very cold. Compressor kicks on. low pressure pipe sweats , high pressure pipe is warm.

I took out the glow gauges (they didn't work) , and installed a red gauge bezel that I got at the JY a while back.

I sanded and polished the rims, and I polished the muffler/tip.

I plan to take the mud flaps off, and paint the raised HONDA letters white. And maybe paint the chrome part of the grille seattle silver metallic to match the body.

That's all I can think of right now.

Comment

Sounds like good progress. Never underestimate the value a little elbow grease can add.

Comment

One thing I must say is I love 90-91 amazingly clean set of tail lights nice cb7.

Comment

Originally posted by Kev1990 View Post
                      One thing I must say is I love 90-91 amazingly clean set of tail lights nice cb7.
                      thank you very much. i like the 90/91 over 92/93 myself. just a different look.

Comment

I cleaned the upper intake (PLENUM?) , and had issues so i did a ton of things and it turned out to be the tps, so i replaced that and the car runs great now.

before i replaced the clutch , the car did not have a stiff pedal and it would engage at the top of the pedal . So , yesterday , almost a year after replacing the clutch , i adjusted the clutch master cylinder. I broke the lock nut loose and turned clockwise until the rod bottomed out, then replaced the locking nut.

now the pedal is MUUCH more firm. however the clutch still doesn't engage til the pedal is all the way out. also the clutch will slip now if i'm doing about 40 in fourth and floor it. it didn't do that before..

Also , i plan to ruin the egr ports, and replace with DIY removable ports. this is only because it seems the car is using a bit of gas.. it might just be how i drive though lol..

before anyone says anything, i have replaced fuel filter, air filter, spark plugs , and plug wires , as well as clean the egr valve.

Comment

hey man, it can probably be that you adjusted a bit too much and causing the clutch to slip..

Comment

Originally posted by Agnes93coupe View Post
                            hey man, it can probably be that you adjusted a bit too much and causing the clutch to slip..
                            yeah, i took it out for a drive after turning the master cylinder , and boy did that clutch slip. turned it back in a turn or two , but the clutch still doesn't engage till almost all the way out, and now that the master cylinder is turned in a little bit, there isn't a ton of pressure.

Comment

Update

I have adjusted the clutch so its pretty close to the floor when it engages.
                              I have sanded my hood back down to remove imperfections, then re-primered.
                              I replaced front lower ball joints, front wheel bearings, front rotors and brake pads, rear shoes and spring kit.
                              I installed my fog light's minus the harness.
                              I deleted my power antenna assembly, plugged the hole, and grounded the antenna to the body for functionality.
                              I drilled out the EGR ports, and did the DIY serviceable pipe plug EGR port, and I obviously cleaned it out while i was in there..... used 3 cans of TB cleaner and got a mix of carbon chunks and carbon in fluid form.

AND THEN............

I went and bought some stock strut assemblies(all four) from a junkyard car that had 87,000 miles. Threw my Eibach sportline's on them , and now......

Last edited by JFISHTHECREATOR; 12-26-2015, 05:55 PM.

Comment

It's been a long time since I have made a post. I have lost motivation for a lot of things, and one of those is the CB. I really want to get it right and squared away. I haven't made any progress on it in a long time. Lots of things in life have thrown me for a loop. When I started this account I was the youngest CB7Tuner, unbeknownst to many of you. I turned 19 this year. I have matured a ton since I have started on this car and started posting on this forum. This is still my dream car and always will be, it's the car that shaped my adolescence and taught me a ton about the automotive world. I have had many other cars that have taken my priority over the CB the list follows: 90 accord coupe, 01 02 and 03 acura CL-S, 95 accord coupe, 94 93 91 and 89 chevy full size trucks, 02 accord coupe v6, 05 hemi durango, and my moms 02 odyssey. I still have 9 vehicles, and its difficult to take care of all of them, while giving special attention to just one. I havent been able to, and I feel like a piece of me is missing because of that. I have some parts stored for the CB but I need to get a bigger pile made.

So far what I want to do is :
                                -JDM H22A swap (i have one in my 95 accord to swap, just need a new p28, and a chip burner, I have a crome dealers license)
                                -ROH swap but stay 4 lug
                                -Rear disc swap
                                -Fix any rust, and respray the whole car Seattle silver metallic
                                -Replace the front subframe
                                -Replace all suspension bushings
                                -Get new toyo extensas or something similar
                                -Gut the interior, and replace the seals
                                -Fix the A/C
                                -Rebuild or replace the steering rack and P/S pump
                                -Replace all control arms
                                -Replace fuel lines and install a walbro 255lph pump
                                -Replace the battery with a OEM Honda battery
                                -Find an OEM nose mask(FULL) and flush mount spoiler and install them
                                ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                                -Rebuild the F22A4
                                -Install delta 272 Grind cam
                                -Build bottom end for boost with forged low comp pistons and rods
                                -Make 600-700 WHP and still be streetable (hard to do I know)

Sorry if its a lot of run on nonsense, I have been sick for a while and its hard to think straight. as allways, keep on rocking and long live the CB chassis!

Comment

Working...
                                X