No announcement yet.

wildBill83 : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been out sick as a dog... haven't done much on the CB7 lately. Even considering selling some parts to pay for medical bills. Had to quit my second job. On top of it all it is Christmas and I only have 1/4 of my shopping done... Someone pray for me to win the lottery or gain a long lost inheritance..

Lately the only thing I did to the CB7 was to put it on jack stands and remove all the wheels to power wash the under carriage and re-apply rubberised coating. While doing this I inspected some other damage that comes with being lowered.

I ended up not gettin the other CB7, they wanted $700 for it with a bad transmission. I decided to wait until they drop the price to $400 or until I can find another steal. Then I had to give some of that money to the doctors... so it will be next year some time. I'm behind on my CB7 autocross project and will most likely miss the start of the season.

Well enough of a rant, but yeah ... been sick and not on the forum lately or active much with my CB7.

Comment

No worries, you aren't the only taking things easy this time of year. Take care of yourself first, especially this time of year. After new years I have some projects to take care of and I am down to help with yours so don't hesitate to call about weekends projects!
      My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

will do! Hopefully after I'm back to 100% and have income not devoted to gifts I can go back to spoiling my CB7. Now that I'm back to a 4 day work week I have time for healing and part gathering again once I feel better. I may take the down time to strip the H22A4 motor again and save up for sleeves and machine cost and do it right. I'm 50/50 on wether or not my hone job will suffice with the FRM and at this point I'm not wanting to swap it in just to pull it the next week with bad rings.

I picked up a 450lb-ft air powered impact that I can't wait to play with from a friend down on his luck last week as well. I just about burned up my cheap electric 250lb-ft impact gun working on my mother's Chevy...

I'm sorting through some extra H22A4 parts and may post a for sale thread. I have extra alum pistons and rings and some other parts I could live without.

I also had to replace my oil cooler o-ring again last week, turns out the one on a H22A4 works on my F22A6 and seems to be a bit thicker. The F22A6 o-ring in the "HELP!" kit was so-so and had extra flashing that I removed for it to fit and it still required liquid gasket. I got it to install leak free without hondabond or gasket maker by using a slightly thicker Evergreen brand extra from my H22A4.

Comment

Loving the coupe man!!!
          Accord Of The Month January 09
          Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
          BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

Hey bill how are ya man, i was down and out for awhile. I hope everything is alright you had a sick cb what happened to her?

Comment

He's been swamped with work for a while. I haven't heard from him in a couple of months.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I'm back, I took a hiatus. Looks like the site slowed WAY down since I was last here.

Anyway. I still have the coupe. I also am the proud owner of a 92 sedan LX. It's my new donor car.

Jarrett is almost correct. I have been swamped with lack of consistent work and money. I am no longer doing engineering work. I have been a full time jack-of-all trades doing anything from motor rebuilds to website building. But enough of my personal life.

Not much has changed on the coupe, she still lives and is about to undergo a 5sp swap. I'm still trying to gather the last few parts for my H22A4 OBD1 conversion but now that I have a donor it should make troubleshooting swaps easier.

If I wanted to post up info on a toyota camry rebuild what section of the forum should I place it?

Comment

Welcome back man. I was wondering what happened to you!

You can post the Camry stuff in the Other Automotive section.

Comment

Thanks deev, life happened. I'm back now, I'm going to post up the Camry rebuild and come back here and link it in an edit.
                    EDIT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199990

I've decided to have a N/A H22A4 JDM LSD auto converted 92 CB7 LX sedan and a turbo F22A6 manual converted 93 CB7 SE coupe.

I subliminally keep acquiring parts any time I have money, I'll document the work here and maybe even will youtube webcast the work via google hangouts or whatever it's called now.
                    Last edited by wildBill83; 06-23-2013, 03:32 PM.

Comment

MRT for a 92 LX Sedan will be going up soon... hopefully before I tear it apart.

Comment

Welcome back. I was wondering what happened with you... On a non car note I have some serious things your engineering experience might help me with, we should really talk soon. On the car related note, I have three day weekends most weeks so let me know when I could come and give you a hand with your swaps.

Comment

Good to see that you are back

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
                          BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
                          Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
                          CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                            I subliminally keep acquiring parts any time I have money, I'll document the work here and maybe even will youtube webcast the work via google hangouts or whatever it's called now.
                            I'm curious to see how the broadcast works out.

Welcome back!

Comment

Originally posted by reklipz View Post
                              I'm curious to see how the broadcast works out.

Welcome back!
                              I can do it like I did in the other automotive section for the 5SFE rebuild. I was actually thinking I should do it over google hangouts and enable audio and allow you guys to talk to me and I can respond. A guy can go crazy doing this work with no one to talk to.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                                I can do it like I did in the other automotive section for the 5SFE rebuild. I was actually thinking I should do it over google hangouts and enable audio and allow you guys to talk to me and I can respond. A guy can go crazy doing this work with no one to talk to.
                                Bro any work you do on the weekend I am just a phonecall away.

Comment

Working...
                                X