Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lesson Learned Too Late - Wear Eye Protection!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just read this whole thread. I was so happy seeing the progress and now the deteriorating vision. Hope all goes well on the next surgery man. I am one not to use PPE but if it is around and available I use it. This definitely changes things for me now. I have had a couple close calls but mainly just the typical lying under your car and your arm brushes some dirt which falls in your ears, mouth, and eyes.

Good luck and keep up with the updates.

Comment

Surgery yesterday afternoon; doc said it went well. Follow-up visit this morning; according to the doctor, the wrinkling has already reduced considerably. What I can see is still blurry, distorted, and the image doesn't line up well with the image in my right eye; but it is just the first day after surgery. No pain to speak of, except I can feel the stitches. It will probably take a few weeks for the vision to stabilize.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Saw the retinal surgeon again today. Eye pressure was 12, in the good range. I don't feel the stitches so much. The gray area I saw in the first few days after the last surgery is fading out. The image in the left eye now lines up better with the right eye. Vision measured out at 20/80, 20/60 with a pinhole board. With 1.5 reading glasses I could actually read license plates as I walked through the parking lot at work. All good signs. Still a fair amount distortion; just have to wait and see on that (no pun intended!).

I see the doctor who installed the iris on Friday.
        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Glad to hear there's still some steady progress, Paul!

Comment

Saw the doctor who installed the iris on Friday; he was happy. Vision as-is measured at 20/80 again. I managed to squint my way to 20/40 with the pinhole board, and even better with the lens apparatus. In a few weeks when the stitches completely dissolve, they should let me see my optometrist to fit a contact lens.
            Last edited by Fleetw00d; 01-11-2015, 03:10 AM.

Comment

that's good to here man im rooting for you .
              this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
              How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
              Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Saw the retina surgeon yesterday. Stitches are completely gone. Vision was 20/100 as is, 20/40 with the pinhole board. Permission granted to see my optometrist and get a contact lens for it. Monday will be 15 months from the initial injury.

Comment

moving forward!!! glad to hear it's making progress. good luck with the contact!

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                  - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                  - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                  Current cars:
                  - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                  - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Damn, that sucks. I'm glad that you're in the clear.

You would've looked like this guy.

lol JK

I had an incident at work that was somewhat similiar. I was cutting out an old rusty cast iron pipe in the ceiling with an angle grinder and something went right into my eye. I got it out right away but the next day I felt so nauseous and had this terrible migraine that I had to go to the ER. They just gave me eye drops and by then the migraine had gone.
                    Originally posted by cb7dazz
                    And you're english is much better than some people on this board and it's their primary language.
                    Originally posted by Jarrett
                    ...for example

Comment

I did look like that guy (minus the hat, beard, and bird) for a while after the first two surgeries.

Six month follow up visit for the iris prosthesis was Thursday. Vision at that time was 20/50, 20/30 with the pinhole board, and 20/25 with a corrective lens. The doctor was very pleased with the results and also OK'd a contact lens. Appointment next week with the optometrist.

Comment

Nice. So it sounds like you'll be pretty much back to normal!

It's amazing what can be done with modern medicine and technology. 50 years ago, you'd most definitely be singing the introduction to the Spongebob Squarepants show.

Comment

I saw the optometrist last Thursday. He indicated that I am actually far sighted (???) in the left eye and my right eye has improved over time so it is currently overcorrected for nearsightedness. New lenses for each eye should be in this week. He gave me some daily wear soft lenses for the left that are close to the required prescription; they help out quite a bit at a distance. I tested it out with a drive to Rockford, IL Thursday evening and back Friday evening. Because the vision is clearer, but still distorted (things in my central vision are taller/narrower than the same image in my right eye), my brain seems to have a little more difficulty managing the two different images. The doctor thinks the gas permeable hard lens may help the astigmatism some. Stay tuned!
                          Last edited by Fleetw00d; 03-15-2015, 08:53 PM.

Comment

16 months and one day. Got the new gas permeable lenses today. The lens for the left (injured) eye clears up the blurriness pretty well for distance, but doesn't seem to have helped the distortion; still, I can read overhead road signs (like on the interstate) roughly 500 feet away, so I'm pretty pleased with the final result compared to where it could be. Approximately +1.5 reading glasses needed for reading (hence the name!). Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement.

Now if they could just get the right lens correct. I put the new one in and couldn't see across the room. Another appointment tomorrow morning to try to straighten that out.

3/25/2015: When the lenses first came in, the curvature of the left lens was wrong. They wound up sending the right lens back instead of the left; got a new left; so what they gave me was two left lenses. Another week to get a replacement right lens.
                            Last edited by Fleetw00d; 03-25-2015, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Got the new right lens a week later. The vision is now clear enough in both eyes that my brain has some trouble merging the distorted view from the left eye with the correct view from the right eye. I've also noticed that my peripheral vision in the left eye is somewhat reduced compared to my right eye. All in all, I can't complain about the vision I've recovered.

Wear your safety glasses!

Comment

I can honestly say your story has made a change in my life! Glad things are working out for you too!

Comment

Working...
                                X