Best PS1 games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best PS1 games?

I just broke out the old Playstation emulator, and I'm trying to remember which games are worth playing! I have everything hooked up so I can play on my TV, so I'm stoked.

I can't remember all of the good games, and online lists seem to be all over the place. Name some of your favorites!

Right now, I'm playing GT2... and I have all of the Final Fantasy games on hand as well. RPG and adventure games are my favorites.

For thanksgivin my buds busted out the ps1.. metal gear solid, syphonfilter, tekken, grand theft, extreme something. U can ride a bike, skates and something else and race also> (not sure which army game but u can use headphones to call in troops)

Now lil offtopic here. I played gta5 for the ps4 on Saturday, and wowzers. When the cops r called u can hear them on the speaker built in the controller.. the controller lights up red/blue. Just sick!
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

In addition to GT2 (the best), play the Crash Bandicoot series. The original Twisted Metal is a total classic. Worms Armageddon and Worms World Party are some of the best multiplayer games ever, (in my opinion anyway).
      *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
      ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
      ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
      "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
      Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
      The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
      Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

I always liked GTA and Tony Hawk on PS1.

My GF got me a PS4 for Christmas but I'm not supposed to know that.

Comment

road rash 3d. favorite game ever.
          COUPE K24

Comment

All of the twisted metals!

Comment

what type of games ( genre ) you into?

Comment

RPG and adventure games mainly. A lot of action games frustrate me (and with my wonky Interact controller, they're not all that fun!) I might try Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Heard that was great, but never played it.

GT2 has me covered for racing/driving games. For the PS1, that game is perfection! It's still my favorite out of all the GT and Forza games, even though it's pretty ugly now.

Never tried any of the Tony Hawk games. I might give that a shot!

I have a PS4. I use it to watch Netflix. I don't like any of the games I have, and I haven't seen anything that really interested me available for it yet. I'm PISSED that GT6 came out for PS3 only, and of course the PS4 isn't backwards compatible. GT7 is at least 2 years away now.

Comment

did you try playing grand theft auto 5 for ps4?

honestly I fell back inlove with it now that it was updated with newer cars. Nsx, GTR, etc etc.

but my speciatly falls mainly on racing / driving games.

Driver series. World scariest police chases. Gran turismo series. ( and if you got a PS2, tokyo extreme racer zero)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    RPG and adventure games mainly. A lot of action games frustrate me (and with my wonky Interact controller, they're not all that fun!) I might try Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Heard that was great, but never played it.

GT2 has me covered for racing/driving games. For the PS1, that game is perfection! It's still my favorite out of all the GT and Forza games, even though it's pretty ugly now.

Never tried any of the Tony Hawk games. I might give that a shot!

I have a PS4. I use it to watch Netflix. I don't like any of the games I have, and I haven't seen anything that really interested me available for it yet. I'm PISSED that GT6 came out for PS3 only, and of course the PS4 isn't backwards compatible. GT7 is at least 2 years away now.
                    I don't even have mine yet and I'm pissed about it.

Comment

- Army Men 3D
                      - Crash Bandicoot
                      - Medal of Honor
                      - Gran Turismo
                      - Mortal Kombat
                      - Pitfall 3D
                      - Ace Combat
                      - Twisted Metal
                      - Final Fantasy
                      - Dino Crisis
                      - Resident Evil
                      - Syphon Filter
                      - Metal Gear
                      - Tomorrow Never Dies
                      - Test Drive
                      - Test Drive Off-Road
                      - Vigilante 8
                      - Marvel VS Capcom
                      - WCW Mayhem
                      - WWF Smackdown

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

No good games for the ps4!??!?!?!

what in the fuck did I just read lol.

First off all Destiny looks amazing.

Last of Us got an update too didn't it?

And then there is the new COD. I was never a fan, but the new one looks insane.

GTA5 was originally rated one of the best games ever and the new one for PS4 is supposed to outdo that one, how I can't even fathom, but IGN and a few other sites said that it was actually worth spending $60 all over again. That speaks volumes.

I wish I had a PS4 lol.

My 160G PS3 is still chugging along, but I want the new hardware primarily.

As for Ps1-

I agree with most posts here.

Syphon Filter, Tony Hawk, and who could forget 007.

Twisted Metal was sick.

What are you running the emu from your pc hooked to your tv? Is that what all the fuss about HDMI splitting was about on FB jaja.

Castlyvania was actually pretty good, it was slow for me at first, but was a good game.
                        Last edited by Ralphie; 12-02-2014, 09:38 AM.

Comment

I watched my friend play through The Last of Us. Absolutely incredible game... but now I don't need to play it! Never cared for COD games, and the GTA games always frustrated me. I would play properly for about 5 minutes, then get bored and start mowing down pedestrians!

Was there a 007 for PS1? I thought that was just N64.

I'm using psxemu as my emulator. epsxe and adripsx (my two favorites) don't want to run on my 64 bit Windows 7 PC. I've looked up how to make them work, did everything necessary... and they just crash. psxemu is running smoothly, though!
                          And yeah, that was part of it. I also want to be able to watch movies, and maybe even surf the internet from my couch... but the idea of playing emulators from my couch on my big flatscreen is a definite draw!

Comment

LMAO. Yea I was thinking of N64 lol.

Sorry.

Have you seen the new COD though?
                            I was always a MOH fan, but the new COD looks crazy.

And that is the best part about GTA. Esp the new ones, you can explore for hours. I usually do a mission or two and then I explore and kind of live out the lives of the characters lol.

Its entertaining to me.

I used to see how long I could go with 4 stars because 5 or 6 was insanity. Now even 4 is hard because the cops are much better at stopping your vehicle.

Comment

Working...
                            X