Thinking about welding the front dogbone mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about welding the front dogbone mount

Has anyone ever thought about doing this before? Like welding the insides of it on he outside ends for like support on the area where the top bolt fills through.

I think I recall somebody doing that. If I remember right, they got a thick peice of sheet metal, and welded a template to it.

Comment

I imagine the vibrations in the cabin would be out of this world considering the vibrations one gets with stiffer mounts or poly mounts. Good idea for a track car I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
        I imagine the vibrations in the cabin would be out of this world considering the vibrations one gets with stiffer mounts or poly mounts. Good idea for a track car I guess.
        I got the mounts filled at one time with my previous cars and it worked out with that.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
          I got the mounts filled at one time with my previous cars and it worked out with that.
          Right on...

Comment

I ran a solid welded driver side mount once. I dont mind the vibrations as much as others do though.
            spin city

Comment

I like the tractor supply tie rod end / turnbuckle idea that way you you can put a little preload on the engine mounts. Maybe chop a doggone in half and weld in one .

Comment

tractor end link

this is a few pictures of the tractor end link erik was referring to.
                CB7TUNER.com
                Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

just buy the $17 Energy Suspension poly insert. It can even be used on broken mounts

member's ride thread
                  93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                  99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                  91 Accord SE 176k
                  97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I welded a driver side mount once because it was so badly broken and I didn't have a replacement. The car shook so bad the keys in the ignition would jingle at idle. I had to remove the plate steel from the mount as it was way too harsh.

The front torque mount I wouldn't imagine to be as bad. But, it won't have any give to it. So I would expect harsh vibrations still yet although not as bad as what I experienced.

Comment

Working...
                    X